Prime Day

You too can wake up at 4am to buy a slightly cheaper toothbrush.

Heh.

Those cheap Fire tablets are absolutely great for kids though.

Not at all. I’m in it for the Fire Tablet. I should be able to turn in my old tablet for 20% off the regular price, and then it gets further reduced by Amazon sale. It’s amazing just how cheap Fire Tablets can get.

And since we already have the Free Time app, it comes with all kinds of games, books and videos.

Yeah, if you actually want an Amazon device, there are good deals. Very few outside of that though.

Isn’t it? Fire Tablets are cheap, have good enough screens and sound systems, and it can easily be locked down for the kids.

Free Time is a little pricey, but these last 2 years, I’ve bought a cheap Kids Dot that comes with a year of Free Time for about $40.00 or so dollars (or maybe 30?). In any case, they look nicer then regular Dots, and a Year of Free time seems worth it.

I haven’t messed around with Free Time, but honestly between video streaming and the PBS Kids apps, we’re kinda covered.

One of the nice things about free time is that my kids actually will read the books on it sometimes when they have kindle time and there’s a huge selection of books. I mean, it’s mostly dumb apps they want to play, but the interface does seem to get them to also read some.

Some of the included apps are actually really good, like the Endless Reader/Alphabet/Etc.

If you’re happy with the other stuff, no need to pay the money for sure, but I actually think it’s a good value as far as the amount of content available.

As long as they bundle it with things I might be able to use, I’ll buy into it. I don’t think I would every pay full price for it though.

Just like Gamepass.

Yeah, one of those things where you almost have to try to pay full price for.

On the other hand, I would pay like 3x MSRP for Gamepass ;)

It’s good, but on the other hand, Dominions keep stealing my time so I never seem to have time to install new games.

On the other hand, it would be nice to play an MP that other people are also actually playing, instead of always seeing an empty lobby 4 years after it comes out.

I dont know if this is an open deal or targeted by Amazon has a pre-prime day deal going right now. If you buy a specific “Prime Day” e gift card at $40 or more they will send you an additional $10 gift card. Heres the link to the promo:

alas -

• Offer has a limit of one Amazon.com promotional credit per Prime account.

Worked for me, thanks!

BF4 for free (if you didn’t have it already)

Yep I did that earlier. Thanks for the ten bucks Bezos!

I’m about due for a new cheap tablet. They make great remotes and smart home controllers.

Thanks, @rshetts !
I appreciate it when someone tells me of these things; otherwise I likely would not have found it on my own.

I did not have it, so thanks to you as well!

@rshetts My gf also thanks you, as she just claimed one as well.
However, she noticed something in the fine print that she thought was worth mentioning:

We’re not even sure what that means. Is there some kind of early access event we are now excluding ourselves from?

Probably just ass-covering around “if you send this to a non-Prime account, that account doesn’t get Prime day preference like a Prime account.”

Great, now I have to cleanse myself of all the #branding. Thanks for nuthin!

$10 prime email bonus credit confirmation just arrived.