Prime Day

Primeday fucking sucks. They let me ‘watch’ ‘deals’ ahead of the ‘deals’ actually going live. But ‘watching’ them does nothing. I hit the website like 90 minutes in to the sale and the handful of things I was interested in are sold out with a full waitlist. And the the ‘deals’ are basically like 20% off. Fuck this shit.

Picked up 3 dots, I have Alexa in just about every room of the house now. Don’t really need/want anything else.

So far I’ve wasted around three hours of my life not buying 200 dollar gaming speakers and actually buying some trail mix, a dish brush and facial brush, oh and a couple of cheap digital movies.

Prime Day reminds me of when I spend an hour exploring a cave or dungeon in a secluded area of an Elder Scrolls game, only to find that the loot chest at the end has a fork, a pillow, and a bag of rice in it.

I already used that deal I think. There is another one that had 10 dollar credit on an order of 20 or more with Alexa deals, which I don’t think has the 8 inch fire tablet

Noice.

Oh, right now, they have the awesome instant-pot on sale!
https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B01B1VC13K/ref=gbph_tit_m-3_a7ea_2b295603?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1c6fc6a7-cc3b-46ad-ade8-06b5e4eea7ea&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=13887280011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=RFJT7334VJ16AHASFRWE

Literally the only thing I’ve bought in the past from prime day.

I got the 7 inch tablet. We have a case and keyboard that will work with it, and since it was also an Alexa deal over 20 dollars, we will get a 10 dollar credit.

Actually, in the last 2 weeks, I think we will earn 30 dollars worth of credit, mostly for using Alexa to order things, or reorder things.

I have one, those Instant Pots are awesome.

Picked up the Ninja Blender, and some other odds and ends. Also a few dash buttons, because at a buck a piece, why not. Also I’ve seen some hacks for them, so that’ll give me a couple of extras to destroy if needed.

I BOUGHT A MOUSE! (Logitech G403, to replace the last of the Intellimouse Explorers I had. RIP)

I was going to buy it anyway on the weekend but I decided to wait a few days and what do you know, it was a daily deal! I saved £15!

Hopefully “daily deal” doesn’t mean “previously used” or something.

I got an Echo even though we don’t need another Alexa device. I guess we could put a Dot in the bathroom. “Alexa, order some toilet paper and I need same day delivery!”

Yeah I picked up another echo dot, because $24 is too cheap to pass up. I’ll put it in my bedroom, I guess. Also got three wifi power outlets for $28.

Echo in the bathroom isn’t a bad idea. You can control the music with your voice, listen to podcasts, set reminders, actually. They sell neat little plastic brackets to hang them off power outlets.

I couldn’t find these. Do they have a name? I was joking about the bathroom but now I think it might be a nice idea. Even just taking a couple of minutes to shave it might be nice to get the weather forecast, listen to a song, etc.

Link? or is OoS?

$24? How come it was $35 for me?

@mark_asher:

@lordkosc: It was three of these, ordered via Alexa they came out to like $8 apiece. It was a bit tricky to get that price though. More info here: https://slickdeals.net/f/10340504-amazon-prime-day-deal-tp-link-smart-plug-19-99-tax-possibly-lower

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0178IC734/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@delirium: I included the $10 gift certificate from ordering over Alexa.

Here’s a great deal, buy a $25 amazon GC and get $5 in amazon credit. If you’ll spend $30 at Amazon in the next year, which you absolutely will, this is free money.

(Change Xs to Ts)
hxxps://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gc_525_vc_pd17?tag=qt3-20&ascsubtag=898ac544666511e7a103ca32e05c6d670INT&ie=UTF8&node=14485264011

Bought that wireless mouse, and the 50 dollar fire HD 8.

I was thinking about getting the echo dot since it would be nice to use it to control my entertainment system and such, but then I’d need to spend more money on a new universal remote to replace my current logitech remote I’m happy with just to get the hub functionality. So it wouldn’t be cheap at all.

Then I have no interest in other smart home things like light bulbs or outlets or whatever…my house is pretty simple right now.

So no Alexa devices for me, for now.

Thanks!

That link for the $5 credit didn’t work (maybe the deal is dead?) but it did lead me to the Dogs of Amazon page so… no complaints.

$5 link, working, remove 3 dots first.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gc_525_vc_pd17?tag=qt3-20&ascsubtag=898ac544666511e7a103ca32e05c6d670INT&ie=UTF8&node=14485264011