Prime Day

Yeah, I guess Discourse linking breaks the link somehow. I modified my post too.

I ended up getting a Kindle Fire 8, mainly because Amazon refused to update the HDX to FireOS 5, despite the fact that it still had better specs than a lot of newer Fires. (the HDX was back when they were selling tablets for $200, not $50).

Thanks for the update, that gift card deal is a no-brainer. Now I just have to decide between the Anova and the Instant Pot that everyone has been raving over and my Prime Day will be a success. Maybe one will sell out and make it easier.

https://smile.amazon.com/Anova-Culinary-Bluetooth-Precision-Cooker/dp/B00UKPBXM4/

https://smile.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B01B1VC13K/

I bought the PS4 offered for $229. Youngest son is turning 16 and that was what he wanted most. It’s a solid deal on a new console.

Wait what?!? I checked that this morning, no sale?

So little worth buying, only the Amazon hardware was really a good deal.

I did get the 23 and me kit at half off ($99); I’m looking forward to learning how many debilitating genetic diseases I’ll be suffering from in the future.

Check the rights to your genetics that you are allowing them to have.

Will they be taking my children? Aw man, I should have read the fine print.

This was fun and on point…

I got my Clarisonic brush heads. With any luck, they’ll actually be genuine.

I ended up with a Bluetooth transmitter for my geriatric car stereo ($15, down from $40, allegedly) and a multi-port car charger. Very pedestrian.

I basically let the Wirecutter’s twitter feed take the lead. Good deals, but far too much information for one person to process.

The Echo was the only sale item I purchased, but Stusser sold me on the outlet hanger and then general Amazon browsing led me to purchase some sweatbands for tennis that were a good price.

Oh yeah, I took advantage of the $10 if you order through Alexa deal to buy some coffee k-cups. I paid about $17 after the discount for 84 cups so that was a decent deal. So two sale items and two normal-priced items. Amazon got a bite of my wallet.

I just signed up for Amazon Business and got a free Echo Dot. So now I have 3 of the bastards. I guess I’ll get that hanging bracket and put it in my bathroom too!

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Business-Jan-Sample-Samples/dp/B01F4QQA6M

Looks like they haven’t flipped the switch on the Alexa deals yet: smile.amazon.com/alexadeals I can’t get the goddamn link to work because of the affiliate :( Time to stock up on Garth Brooks CDs!

For my part, I ended up with an Echo and the Anova wand. The Echo is backordered for a month (!!!) so I’m not hopeful that I’ll be getting the $10 credit even though Alexa offered it as a deal.

I actually made two orders via Alexa, subsequently canceled them, and got two $10 credits which I successfully used.

They were on that $27 wifi power outlet, which I canceled to get that $8 wifi power outlet.

Amazon says sales were up more than 60% this year. Bigger than Black Friday or Cyber Monday. In July. Also, most Prime signups in a single day ever.

Crazy.

I got so many credits from the days leading up to prime day that I was able to get a nice storage bench for 5 cents. To bad it won’t be delivered until late August.

Wow, that 50% off Echo totally drained Amazon’s supply. if you order one today, it won’t be available until August 12.