PS3: And then, the universe imploded

Hang on to that sucker and flip it on eBay in about two weeks, when the christmas shoppers get desperate. With the money you make, you can but the PS3 again in a few months when there are more good games out (Motorstorm) and have fixed the firmware a couple more times.

With the profit, you can probably get at least two or three more games.

Now this sucks and just put off my purchase even further. I know it’s a gimick, but since I own a PSP I want to be enjoy that gimmic…

Come to think about it, I won’t anyway because it’ll be region locked so I won’t ever get to pair my US bought PSP with my European PS3 - how do I know? I’m testing the Sony Locationfree player and it won’t talk to my PSP.
Pretty petty of Sony to use regions that way.

Yeah I feel the same way. A total gimmick and I doubt I’d ever really use it, but I want to be the one who decides that I never use it, not Sony.

My PSP is locked at 1.5 for the time being, so it’s a moot point for me. Nothing I want to play on it either, though that might change if that Level 5 Joan of Arc game gets translated.

Even if it does get translated and I buy the game I’ll just use Devhook to load it and never have to update my PSP past 1.5. That game does look great though I will give them that.

The part of Gary Whitta will be played by a decidedly nonplussed Greg Proops.

I still haven’t opened Zelda; I’m enjoying Resistance too much right now. I haven’t played an FPS since COD2, though, so I can’t compare it with Gears, etc.

The motostorm demo is very good. Madden is Madden. The Geometry wars clone is excellent.

. . .

Is that a 30" Dell monitor in the background?

PC gaming am domed!

Wii fans improvise new tactics to prove the PS3 is horrible, buy it.

Yeah, Gary…you look like you’re about to toss your cookies.
If you like Wipeout style games, you ought to check out Fatal Inertia.
Not sure on the release date for that one, though.

Gary was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

You should have stood in line for the Wii and picked up Excite Truck, AND walked home with money in your pocket. But saying that would bring down the joy of this thread and actually finding a PS3 in the store. Kudos to you Gary. Post some screenies/pics once you get a game for it, I want to see your facial reaction to the PS3 graphics.

Gary already had a Wii…

PSH, he shoulda got a second!

One little note about the PS3/PSP issue: The 20Gig PS3 system can be used with the PSP for PS1 downloads. Just wanted to note that there is some communication with the $500PS3 and the PSP. No remote play yet but hopefully when they release Remote Play through the internet then any model should do.

Regarding your purchase, honestly if I were to buy a PS3 right now I’d have the same feelings. Ultimately there’s really nothing excellent that’s on the system right now - and lately the realities of the system have been quite dissapointing: Issues with scalling (no upsale on DVDs? C’mon!), issues with backwards compatabilty, issues with online friends list, low number of arcade titles, no guitar hero adapter, no USB-IR port for universal remotes. Most if not all of these issues can and hopefully will be fixed but it solidifies the notion that even late the PS3 is still too early.

The good news is that it’s an excellent Blu-ray player. With Netflix and even some Blockbusters and Hollywood Videos you can rent BDs with no additional charge or investments. The good news is that early 2007 looks to be a great year for titles: Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter, Lair, Devil May Cry - and further on there are even better looking titles like MGS, Nauty Dog’s Game, & Level 5’s White Knight. By the time all these games come out I really don’t think the price is going to drop much if at all and by then a lot of these early lauched issues will be fixed with firmware updates.

Don’t sell it on Ebay unless you think the net ~$200 is worth the time spent in doing so. I would enjoy the BD titles and don’t buy any PS3 games - download the demos, rent from whatever place you rent games from and pray that it won’t be collecting dust come march.

Tom not feeling Resistance? Yeesh, With RR7 apparently lacking much new content over RR6, the urge to join the PS3 league is growing more and more dim.

Actually on the topic of Insomniac, how did R&C:Deadlocked turn out? I avoided it last year due to it’s priority on arena combat over adventure-ish platforming, but I noticed it hit Greatest Hits status recently…

Where have I seen that look before?

oh right…

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah… etc.

Charles, go back to the retard house you keep escaping from and stop trying to play around with people who have superior taste!

-Kitsune