Psych

Anyone else watching the latest season of Psych? It’s just such a light and fluffy detective show, and James Roday and Dule Hill have some of the best buddy chemistry on tv.

I thought the first new episode of January 2010 was so-so, but the most recent ep (Feb 3, 2010) had both Sarah Shahi and Stacy Keibler as guest stars, which automatically makes it better. Plus, random Magnum, P.I. pop culture reference.

I love Psych but I’m still catching up with season 3. The chemistry is definitely one of the best I’ve seen in a while.

This thread is cooler than the other threads.

Ha, I even googled for those but turns out I typo’d the site.

Oddly enough the Google QT3 search wouldn’t find them for me, but the regular craptacular search found them.

crap, didn’t know it restarted. let me know when there’s a psych marathon on.

The Psych Marathon on USA was the same weekend as the NFC/AFC Championship games, I think. They ran them for two solid days.

I really like Psych, but I wish they’d lay off on the guest-star of the week stuff. That wrestler guy couldn’t act his way out of a wet paper bag.

Yeah, the first episode of the new season was pretty bad, mainly because of Cena. The second episode was really funny though.

“Genesis, Exorcist, Leviathan, Do…the right thing”

“I could bake you a cake that’s high in… iron.”

Yeah, that was easily my favorite new episode of Psyche I’d seen in a long, long, time. The pacing, the references and even the framing/camera work seemed snappier.

“Oh, so now you’re going to use my real name!”

Funny, it was one of my least favorite. Felt really slow.

The tribute to Twin Peaks this week was great.

Sherilyn Fenn looks pretty damned great for her age.

Oh my GOD was this an amazing episode. I love it when they do a slightly-goofy ep (the ones with fresh opening credits are the best) and this was by far the best one to date (followed closely by the Bollywood one).

I thought it was one of the best episodes ever (certainly the best since it’s return this fall, the recent episodes have been crap), but the wife found it to be quite stupid. Of course, she’s never seen Twin Peaks, so 99.5% of the episode’s jokes flew over her head.

The closing shot in the diner was inspired.

Gus and Shawn are actually too young for most of the jokes they crack. They’re more my generation (late 30s/early 40s) than their own (late 20s/early 30s). It’s like the writers are stuck on 80s/early 90s nostalgia but aren’t allowed to have correctly aged characters.

Sad fact that makes me feel old: the actress that plays Juliet is 4 years younger than Alicia Silverstone.

Sadder fact that makes me feel sad - the actress that plays Juliet is entangled with that prat James Roday, and thus our love will remain forever forbidden until they break up. Jerk.

He seems to have his own enthusiasm for the 80s, though. Roday was also in the Dukes of Hazzard movie remake. He’s about four years older than me, and I remember watching a lot of the shows and movies they make references to (though I never did get to watch Twin Peaks, so this week’s episode felt like a very long joke delivered entirely in Esperanto).

My wife is 5 years younger than me(i’m 31), and loves all the 80s references in the show. Though that Juliet/Alicia Silverstone fact makes me feel old.