QT3 Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer Tournament (iOS)

Good game, malphigian! I think it’s going to take an hour of cussing for me to get over how the last turn played out, but good game nonetheless.

malphigian: 85 (23 on board, 62 in deck)
OzymandiasAV: 69 (42 on board, 27 in deck)

(Seriously, though, you have four Heavies in your thirty card deck – because you’ve been running accumulation all game long – and you draw all three of them on the last turn when the Avatar’s on the board? Maybe more like two hours of cussing.)

Ouch!

sinnick just crushed me. 77-66, I think. Dammit! At least we did most of it in real time. That was fun.

Not sure what happened. He pulled ahead with points about 4 turns from the end. I even banished the Avatar.

I guess I’m still not sure if you should go for deck points or kill points. I try to balance both.

Single elimination sucks! :) This game can be played fast. I hope we have another soon!

FUUUUUUUU…

I managed to miss out on this by being on vacation.

I squeaked by Hypnotoad 73-69 thanks to a combat heavy deck and a lucky stream of monsters in the center row. Oziah was my MVP.

Folks, all is not lost! You’ll be moved to the loser’s bracket, but if you manage to win out through the loser’s bracket, you can still challenge for the championship.

If you lose in the loser’s bracket, we will have another alternative winner’s bracket, where 16 teams will battle it out to be “the best of the rest”. I’m heading in that direction myself–don’t like the way the match against Vesper is shaping up :-)

Each player is pretty much guaranteed four games. Keep checking back on the thread to see if you have a new match!

This has been the most public of my failures. On to the losers bracket!

That was pretty great, I have to admit. I might have eked out a win without that crazy bit of luck, but once I saw that combo I was sure I had it.

Revised brackets are up: (winner’s bracket) and (loser’s bracket). New matches include ElGuapoDC v. Congestion, malphigian v. SpectreCollie, SelfMadeSinnick v. nodrownboy.

I wound up getting a few decent cards early on, which helped ;).

Vesper beats Diddums 80-71. Good game, Vesper, I thought it was a very interesting tactical battle. I should have killed the monster for less honor but an extra card on the last turn instead of the Corrosive Widow, but the final point differential was far enough that it wouldn’t have mattered.

That second Shadow Star really helped you a lot. There must have been something I wanted more at the time, I just can’t remember what it was now–probably a Void Initiate :-P

I was a bit worried about you picking up that All Seeing Eye. I was doing my damnedest to get more Rune buying power in time to grab it myself. And then I REALLY got worried when you started picking up lots of Mechana constructs.

Sounds like some really great games. I know I fired up a bunch of games just to have a good time.

Hypnotoad is no joke btw. I definitely learned a bit looking up from underneath his hobnailed boot.

Added you on game center, let me know when you accept (lobo_ie)

USMC Kato: 84
Fumanstu27: 59

Good game, just had luck on my side the whole match

Sinnick just absolutely steamrolled abrandt 102-63. First time I’ve seen triple digits in Ascension, so congrats Sinnick!

Two early Temple Librarians and an Arbiter of the Precipice and he was basically able to draw whatever cards he wanted and have his way with me. At one point towards the end he played 7 cards in a round that let him draw at least one card. He also had, I think, 8 constructs by the end. My only chance at a Sea Tyrant was, of course, the very last round.

Cheers Kato, was a good game, you got the honour train rolling so early I couldn’t keep up! :)

How Kola just dominated with an excellent mechana construct build and total control of construct killers in the middle row.

How Kola: 94
Spasticon: 62

My mechana stuff really didn’t synergize (although the points were nice). That was just a lucky game because I generated a ton of runes each turn and there was always something shiny to buy.

I will say I nearly shit myself when you took out Avatar of the Fallen on the second or third turn. I’ve never seen him fall so quickly. There just wasn’t much for you to pick up as your trophy.

Getting your Tablet out in the last turn also made me nervous. Good game!

Updated brackets! Winner’s bracket and Loser’s bracket.

New matches include: Vesper6 v. RobboQT3 and Diddums 128 v. Hypnotoad42.