QT3 BF2 Ranked Server

Anyone getting together on Kevin’s server this evening? It would be nice to play with an all-Qt3 gang for a change.

I’ll be on. Get home around 7:00 eastern and will probably stay (maybe off and on) until 12:00ish.

I’ll be on later.

Most of you guys seem to be getting very good pings on the server, which is good. I guess setting it up in Chicago was a good choice. As for the rank reporting, the folks at ECG state that it takes a few hours. I don’t know if that means from the time the server is first turned on, or a few hours of you playing, or if it just means it reports in every few hours. Dunno…

Where do you go to see your overall rank anyway?
K

Here’s a link to a web-based repository of much of that information. It’s a little screwy for me, but other people seem to not be having problems with it:

link

After looking at these stats for a while, im really not sure how up to date they are or if they are correct at all. the day before yesterday i played commander for 3 games and we won all 3. This stat service says i have 0 time as a commander.

Yeah. Stats aren’t anywhere near correct, as far as I can tell. I’m certain I could never have died 11 times in a row without a kill <cough>.

Were you playing Commander on my server? Want to make sure this thing is really reporting in. If you weren’t playing on a ranked server, obviously, you won’t be ranked.

K

I played Commander on your server – yet I’m marked as 0:00 of commander time.

Wumpus is my witness.

I’m on as BakedPanda, if anyone sees me.

Let me know what it says in 24hours. I wasn’t even listed earlier, and am showing up now. EA says that stats are delayed by half a day, and that was back on the 23rd. They say they are swamped but working on the problem.

K

[QT3]NickW = My #1 Opponent

Should I turn on “Allow Global Unlocks?” Not sure if this is a good thing or bad… Anyone have any experience with this option being on?

K

“Allow Global unlocks” is a setting for admins of unranked servers to let ranked players who earned unlocks on ranked servers, use them on the unranked server. I’m not sure it would make a difference on a ranked server.

May I also suggest, if no one objects, turning the rounds per map option from 3 to 1? I’m one of those people who would rather keep going to a new map at the end of every game, rather than repeat the same map three times before we get a new one.

Ehh, what did I do?

EDIT: NVM, you meant from the stats. I thought you had singled me out for MORTAL COMBBAT !!!1!

i’ll argue for at least 2 rounds pm, otherwise we spend excessive time loading maps

Jefro

I agree on the load times. You can also vote to switch maps in game. But if everyone wants to say what they’d prefer 1-3 maps per round, I’ll change it.

Thanks
K

2 seems good to me.

2 or 3 is my vote.

Had a blast on the ranked server tonight, we had some good 5-on-5s and 7-on-7s. I got stuck as commander the last round I played, though, which I hate in a small game. Someone has to do it–the UAV and artillery are too valuable to give up–but it’s not that fun. Also, you jackasses were totally switching squads! I was giving orders to the “Lutes” squad and then suddenly realized everyone but one person had moved over to a new, second squad.

Fun stuff.

[quote=“Nick_Walter”]

Ehh, what did I do?

EDIT: NVM, you meant from the stats. I thought you had singled me out for MORTAL COMBBAT !!!1![/quote]

Oh yeah?

Well Nick… you are my #1 Opponent and my #1 Victim (replacing Andrew Myers).

And yeah, it was awesome tonight, a lot of people showed up and good times where had. I’m trying to decide whether I like the Dam map or the that Mecca city map the best so far. For now, base jumping off the dam is just about the coolest thing ever.

Good matches tonight. I was pumped to see you guys playing cause I always join when you guys are not playing :(

Unfortunately my first map was abysmal, I suck at that city map for some reason. The second map went better but then it had me switch sides, and I like the allied pump shotgun WAY better. Just looks neat. It said I won awards but I didnt see them in stats, probably have to finish a map set or something. In any case, great tank fights! Hope to do this again soon.

Is this the permanent QT3 server now? The ability to rank up is neat.

Yeah, you were definitely victimizing me a ton a couple nights back. My #1 victim is now |Qt3|Mono. (My #1 opponent is some Joe Random guy)

Suggestion – perhaps a slightly longer time between rounds? Might be nice for a slight breather, grab a beer, snacks, etc, and would let those of us whose machines take a while to do the punkbuster scan start at the same time as everyone else. Not talking a HUGE change – it’s what, 15 seconds by default? Say, 45 or 60 seconds?