Qt3 Blood Bowl: Sign up now for the European leagues' season 2

Yeah, you got a point. Seven or eight weeks doesn’t really matter.
Given that we get 18 players (I think I convinced one more today) that means all the #1 and #2s plus the two best #3s. Sounds forgiving and good.

I’m assuming we’ll seed the league spots. Does TV sound like a good way to do this?

Yes, although most of us will be affected by injuries but I can’t think of a way round it, and it’ll probably balance out anyway. Realistically the only issue is going to be new teams vs S1 teams anyway.

Is there room for another team in this league? I have strange enough hours of operation that I could arrange times with European players, and if the Western league decides to put a TV1000 limit on S2 I have no interest in moving my S1 team to the open league.

Yes, there is still a spot open, though I get the understanding from the other thread that you might be doing two leagues there?

LEAGUE APPLICATION

For the coaches who have expressed an interest in the league, please make a short post here with the following info (and format - makes it easier to copy/paste):

Forum Name [Coach Name] - Team Name [Race] - TV(Team Value) + Cash

E.g.,

strategy [Strategy] - Northern Nighthawks [Dark Elf] - 1100 + 30K

The team value should be the value that the team will enter the league with; the cash is you starting cash and will serve as a tiebreaker (or should perhaps be factored into the TV for the seeding - haven’t quite decided yet; opinions welcome). Teams and races should be created now before we draw for the pools so that new teams can’t “game” the opposition. As always, diversity in teams is appreciated - (where are the other Elf teams? Chaos? Halfling… no wait, scratch that one… ) - having to adapt to many different types of opponents is part of the fun in the game.

You must post even if you were listed above. I can’t check your teams TV+Cash in-game. Posting counts as your “official” commitment to participate in Season 2 of the QT3 Old World Cup.

Once we have the updated list, I will seed the teams and make the draw for the pools (perhaps on the chat channel - probably some nice ways to do that). I would prefer having only two playoff rounds, but I can see the point in giving more teams a chance to advance, so we can go with that if people prefer it. Let’s see how many teams we finally end up with, though as there are several possible models. We must end on an equal number of teams, so any odd player will have to sit out this season (but I assume, will have priority of entry into Kalle’s tournament).

Sweet.

Hunty [Hunty] - Smackrington Stanley [Norse] - 1000 + 0k

LEAGUE APPLICATION to Season 2 of the QT3 Old World Cup

Jarmo [Reed] - R’lyeh Illithids [Necromantic] - 1000 + 0K

Here’s my formal application for the Old World Cup, Season 2

Kalle [Kalle] - Banhammer Tapirs [Dwarfs] - 1500 + 230k

I have a lot of cash to burn. Between the purse for winning Season 1 and not suffering any serious injuries on my team I have been able to save up. I know I was threatening to bring out the Death Roller earlier but I don’t think a 160k jump in TV is justified at this point for a player I don’t actually need.

On the other hand, the earlier I bring it out, the quicker it can level up. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, once we have the Old World Cup applications sorted out I’ll inquire about how many people are willing to play in a second league. That season is likely to be shorter anyway.

Gryff [Gryff] - Dead and finding it ok… [Undead] - 1000 + 0k (New Team)

Any place left on this?

Depends on whether everyone who “pre-registered” sign up as well as whether Staff Sergeant signs up here or in the alternative US league. If you’re up for the 5-8 week commitment, you might as well sign up. One way or another, I expect we’ll get everyone some games.

belgerog [belgerog] - Viscid Vermin [Skaven] - 1160TV + 30k

I put the question marks because I’m not at home till Friday. I’ll change the values then, if that’s ok. I’m just posting now so I don’t forget later.

LEAGUE APPLICATION

Jasper Phillips [Jaded Jasper] - Pirats o.t. Lustrian Main [Skaven] - TV(1300) + 60k cash

No team members are hurt, so that’s actual TV.

I can’t actually sign up until the playoffs are over in the Western league as that’s where my Undead are tied up.

If you guys decide to start this league before the Western league finishes I’ll start a new team and put it in this one just so that I know I can have a team in a league that will allow it to return for a second season. So:

Staff Sergeant [Staff Sergeant] - Scourge of Valere [Undead] - 1550TV +0K*

or

Staff Sergeant [Staff Sergeant] - ? - [?] - 1000TV - 0K

*I still have 1 game to play, possibly 2.

GloriousMess [GloriousMess] - The Graveyard Shifters [Necromantic] - 1000 + 0K

League Application

Sten Friberg [Congestion] - Green Bay Sackers [Human] - TV(1370) + 150k

No injuries, so 1370 is the proper TV.

Lizard_King [Lizard_King] - Reverse Imperialism [Lizard] - TV(980) + 20k

JM [Skum] - Brutish Liars [Norse] - TV(1220) + 50k cash + 90k valued injured player.

IainC [IainC] - Palace Owboys [Lizards] - TV 1170 + 60k cash. 2x 60k players injured.

My friend just joined Qt3 to join the season 2 of the euro league. (He’s currently awaiting account activation.)
I told him to sign up in this thread, although he didnt preregister, in the hope that we’d eventually end up at a number of players easily divided into three divisions. Hope the extra player is ok with you guys. We’ll see how many of the pre-regs that turn up.