Qt3 DC Meet?

2 pm then.

Good question about the ID thing. Whoever shows up first can bring a homemade sign and stick it on the table I guess…Anyone have a Qt3 T-shirt?

Brickskellar is the plan, yes.

Troy[/quote]

I will try to wear my QT3 polo shirt.

– Xaroc

Sounds great.

Roll Call: Who’s Coming?

asjunk: Yup!
TSG: Yessir!
Brian Rucker: AWOL, afraid of being swamped by the remnants of a hurricane and working (both pretty good reasons in my book, although, as an occasional voice of reason, I’d like to buy Rucker a beer)
Xaroc: ? (probable yes)
Joe O’Malley: ?
Carnifex: ?
Triggercut: ?

Anyone else?

Well…Flooding and tornados aside, I’m a single dad tomorrow night, so if we’re going to do it, let’s do it before 5 PM.

A 2 pm slot has already been chosen, so this is not a problem.

Troy

We have a slight problem. Just checked http://www.thebrickskeller.com/ and found out they don’t open until 6pm on Saturday and Sunday.

This is the replacement meeting spot:

Buffallo Billiards- Dupont Circle
4600 Wisconsin Ave. NW (202) 331-7665

Troy is going to throw a note on the door of the Brickskeller so hopefully we still end up finding everyone.

– Xaroc

Just a quick correction – I believe the Buffalo Billiards in question (at least, the one Troy and I are headed to, after meeting up at the Brickskellar) is located at 1330 19th St. NW, Washington, DC 20036
Phone: 202-331-7665
Metro: Dupont Circle (Red Line)

See http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=entertainment/profile&id=792534

Well it appears the one place I got that address from was the one place that had the wrong address. There is a pool hall and bar at that address though. We went there for a while and then down to the Brickskeller to look for the note and didn’t see anything so we came home.

– Xaroc

Dammit. Sorry, guys, but I just saw this. Might I propose a new meeting, maybe someplace right off or a belway/270 exit so it’s easily found? And maybe a few weeks’ lead-tiefor everyoneto see the note?

Well, that was a major league cock-up, thanks to me and my poor party planning skills…

We can try this again next month or whenever. And make sure the place we are interested in is open. And get cell phone numbers. Etc.

Anyway, me and asjunk made it and had a pretty good conversation.

Troy

Yeah, definitely had a good time. Next time, let’s make sure we all know where we’re going and have cell numbers. :)

I’m up for anywhere in the “inside the beltway” stretch – I’d rather avoid the Dulles and 270 corridors, just because there are several folks with limited non-metro transportation options. That said, we could all car pool, I suppose.

So, who’s going to volunteer to do logistics next time?

Is this a subtle hint?

Troy

Nah, just an attempt to deflect it away from me. :) My logistics planning skills are bad enough we’d all be trying to get together in Ward 8.