QT3 Fantasy Football

I was something along the lines of a random game from your collection, possibly good, possibly not so good. The end result would be something between a boobie prize and a real prize, depending on how kind the giver is. For example, my copy of F1 2002 could find a better home than my closet. :)

I am quite ready for the live draft. I’m just saving my trash talk until I deliver my first trouncing of the season.

Erik J.

If you need another for that open slot, PM me and I’ll be happy to oblige.

I’m still in. Woefully unprepared for the draft, but that’s what makes it exciting!

And I’ll go with the flow on the prize idea, sounds fine to me.

What Conrad said.

I’m still waiting to hear from Brandon. I’d be happy to take a replacement if I can kick the correct team.

I’m all for sending kitsche software to the winner.

Draft starts in 4 minutes. Smacktalk is encouraged, both here and in draft chat. Good luck folks.

Fun draft this year. On the one hand, it was sad that things ran so quickly there was little time to comment on the picks, but on the other, since it started so late it was good that we got through it so quickly.

I hope if we do this next year I don’t have to pick last again. Twice is enough for me; I’d like to try picking high for once!

Yeah I suck!!! I have 2 guys on my team that AREN’T EVEN PLAYING THIS SEASON!!!

Anyone interested in trading for Priest Holmes, and I mean anyone (ball boy, Janitor, Mascot)? They say he should be good to go in 2009! WTF was I thinking?

No?

Well how about Michael Waddell (D)? I had never heard of him, but he was the highest ranked player on the D list when I picked him and he’s not playing this season either…I’m so taking last place!

Eh, I wouldn’t worry too much about defensive players; there’s so many to choose from, you can swap for another one very easily.

As for Priest? You can survive that. Keep hope alive!

I do have extra RB’s so I still have some options, but man to I feel dumb!

Someone drafted Brady Quinn from me. I was hoping to rectify the wrong that the Dolphins did in the real draft. For shame, and it was painful drafting in the middle round and watching the guy you wanted, getting picked right before your turn. Anyways it was a good draft as most everyone was there for it. Good luck to all!

Who holds what team, anyway? Mine’s the Erminators.

Gods, I need to come up with a new name for these things. But I still hold an emotional attachment to my team name from all of the Worms games.

I’m the Happy Sackers. I did enjoy the live draft though, I’d just wish I had come in better prepared.

Hard-Boiled here, of course. I woke up around 11:30, so I missed a good portion of the draft, and then was incoherent for the rest of it. Now I’m going back to bed. Wake me when the season is over.

Erik J.

EDIT: Kidding. I’m a very active manager.

Jersey Trash here. Of course the #1 pick is great, but then watching everyone else go twice (as well as everyone you wanted to pick) was a little painful. Hopefully Tomlinson is worth that. Overall, good draft, feel like everyone is solid.

I’m Ravens’ Roost.

I thought the draft went well, especially given how quiet this thread was the last couple of weeks. A lot of folks showed up for the live draft, making me quite glad we went that route.

I wouldn’t stress about defensive players. There are a lot of good players still to be had. Your decisions will be more along lines of what position you want to start (CBs for picks, linemen for sacks, or LBs for tackles) as opposed to which player is great.

From my perspective, the Yahoo rankings are completely off for defensive players. I got Suggs and Urlacher and I couldn’t even find them in the rankings. I’d love to have a roster with more defensive players but most people aren’t too interested in doing the extra work. Adding one player at least gives the game an extra variable. Hopefully, they will actually matter in a game or two this season.

Don’t forget the first game is this Thursday. I expect the score of that game to be around 90 - 89.

My guess: he will be.

I’m managing Henri Matisse. (Yes, it’s a dumb name, but that’s the point.)

I agree with the masses, it was a good draft. I haven’t followed the NFL much this preseason, so I was flying by the seat of my pants. I was happy with my late Brady Quinn pickup, though. Sorry Contrai. :)

From my perspective, the Yahoo rankings are completely off for defensive players.

The Yahoo D player rankings have been jacked for years. I’ve never figured out what the hell criteria they are using.