Qt3 Front Page

I love Rob to death and he is a fantastic designer (he did the design on my blog) but this design doesn’t do much for me either. The shade of blue is a bit too garish, and the new logo – not Rob’s work – is an embarrassment: it looks like something the Rat Fink guy would paint on the side of a muscle car. If Tom can chase down a high-quality version of the old logo and if the blue is dulled a bit, I think it would be fine.

For what it’s worth, I like it.

And no matter the disagreement, it’s a great departure from the previous front page

I preferred the old logo myself, but I figured I might just be used to it. I like the color scheme and site design, very clean and bright. Very impressive seeing as he threw it together in literally like one day!

I agree that the blue is a little bright on top. It darkens as you down the page, which is a neat effect, but you can’t really tell unless you’re reading your way down. And you’re probably not going to be doing that much. Rob, when you get some time, would there be any way to get it to more closely match the old site’s blue, which I think is also the blue in parts of the forum? Or even just invert the light–>dark to a dark–>light?

As for the logo:

Exactly. It’s not necessarily permanent, but I’m glad to have a new Bloodshot Joe standing in for a while.

-Tom

It’s easy to mess with the gradient in the background; a more subdued one corresponding to the standard color scheme is up.

The old logo can be swapped in and out just as easily. A script can do it according to certain criteria: Perhaps the new one could be for the insouciant, mellow Sundays, with the stern glare of the old one for those blearly weekday nights.

Ahh, much better! I’m perfectly happy with our R. Crumb Bloodshot Joe for the time being, but at some point, I might have to root around in the css files to see about putting back in the old fella.

Once again, Rob, you and stusser are awesome! Thanks a bajillion!

-Tom