Qt3 Guild on Arathor thread

So, is the name still Bear Drops? Or is it now QT3 or somesuch? I need to know what to /who to find somebody to /tell.

Guild name is “Quarter to Three”.

What’s wrong with the BD/DB name?

— Alan

Nothing wrong with Drop Bears, we’re still going strong on Moonrunner. I believe that when the Bear Drops moved away, they decided to change the guild name since they were no longer on the same server.

I’m slowly leveling up my Healadin, loving the tank/heal capabilities.

Not sure I understand that line of thinking - would it really matter if you changed servers? Or is the problem that the guild name would in essence be on multiple servers?

— Alan

When you transfer servers, you don’t keep your guild affiliation. Bear Drops decided to rename themselves to Quarter To Three when they reconstituted themselves on Arathor.

It makes more sense for them to use that name since they are mostly if not entirely composed of QT3 folks, whereas Drop Bears has many (if not the majority) of it’s members coming from outside of QT3.

I think that would be one answer: it’s not really a QT3 guild in the usual sense. Since our game entities are usually fairly dramatically cyclical, if you want an ongoing and well-populated guild, it’s understandable how that can happen, but it also means it’s not going to be what I expect of a forum guild. But then again I haven’t joined any of our forum guilds in WoW (partly because I know how cyclical these things tend to be and I wanted something well-populated and permanent, but mainly because we chose pansy-ass PvE servers ;)).

I just created a BE healadin named Vincent. I’ll be happy to join

Hate to disappoint, but all the people in the guild who aren’t actual QT3 posters are aware of who we are, what QT3 is, and often read the boards, even if they don’t all post. :)

It just irks me mildly sometimes that people seem to imply having non-qt3 people means we have lice or something “icky.” :P

Yeah but we don’t know who they are… and what’s the fun of a daily grind with people you don’t know from Qt3? /me stabs McMaster in the back

It isn’t presumed to be icky (I didn’t write “not that there’s anything wrong with that”, but I did try to frame things that way). My current guild isn’t a QT3 guild, and doesn’t even have the benefit of multiple QT3 members.

Can we do Jason a favor and take this to another thread please? :)

I was just helping my keeping it bumped. ^_^

Hey all, just re-upped and transferred my 60 Orc Hunter over.

Thing is, I haven’t played WoW in over a year…maybe even a year and a half. I used to have him geared to the gills in Uberleet weapons and armor, but now I’m afraid time has passed him by and I need to rebuild him from the ground up…and I’m finding that everything I thought I knew about WoW is wrong.

So:

1. He was a MM before. MM Hunter still the way to go?

2. I’m sure his Krol Blade and Dwarven Hand Cannon is hopelessly obsolete now. Is there a good resource (as in, up-to-date) for hunters floating around out there?

Working tonight (Saturday), but should be on a lot Sunday…

I would just dive into Outland questing for a start; the upgrades come fast and furious.

Bump! Okay not really, I have something to post…

So who (in the Qt3 Arathor guild) is going Aldor and who is going Scryers? There are turn-in quests for specific mob drops to raise your rep with each faction (and lower rep with the opposing one). The nice thing is, they aren’t soulbound so you can trade them around.

I’m garnering favor with the Aldor, and I could use a lot higher rep so I can get some neat jewelcrafting recipes. If anyone gets some of those Mark of Kil’jaeden deals and doesn’t need them because they’re going Scryers, mail them my way so I can boost my rep, please.

Likewise, I’m going to start accumulating those Firewing Signets, the Scryers turn-in item, because my questing has me killing some Firewings. So if anyone is going Scryers and is jonesing for better rep, let me know I’ll mail them to you.

Bah I still haven’t decided. Guess I should read up on the rewards/benefits on WoWwiki or something. I’ve accumulated a few of each type of rep object, so when I make up my mind I’ll have some of the other kind to send someone.

Greg (Chumly) and I (Maelga) are going Scryers because they seem more badass, which is how we typically make these sorts of decisions. WoWWiki be damned!

I should be back on tonight or tomorrow and back to my usual play schedule, splitting time between my 61 Lock and a new BE Hunter alt. See you guys online!

Started up as a BE Hunter under the name of “Hawksteel” currently. Will probably be on tonight, but fairly low level right now.

— Alan