Qt3 in real life

“Verily the box in my left hand is heavier. I proclaim it the better game. This is the word of the Lord.”

That post is great, @ineffablebob. What a cool picture.

I’d like to meet that @Brooski dude one day. He seems affable. Oh wait…here’s him photobombing us from behind a rock several years ago:

-xtien

“Sleep comes like a drug,
In God’s Country.”

“Holy cats!”

It’s weird to see @Brooski in that picture. In my mind he’s always looked like Donald Rumsfeld for some reason.

Who was taking topo?

I think my expression in that picture is because I had just finished reading @ChristienMurawski’s book and realized that his conclusions were all wrong. Halsey acted stupidly.

Dang. Who knew that @Brooski looked like Leonard Nimoy’s son?

I don’t want to get too far along this track, but there are some family photos of my dad in which he is a dead ringer for Leonard Nimitz. No joke.

So, strangely enough, is my father-in-law. Small world.

Freudian slip?

Freudian ship.

Nice one.

Proof. The FIL.

IMG_2327

Related @Brooski?

Edit: He’s in his mid 70s. He drag races a custom truck every weekend. Has won trophies. Spends time doing things like cutting pieces out of the truck to make it lighter. I was lucky enough to get to ride with him during time trials. Now I’m no lightweight, but I was surprised that I added several tenths of a second to his runs. If I find the video I’ll post it.

He is a really cool dude.

Well, I will absolutely send my brother a link to this, maybe it’ll encourage him to join. Pretty sure BoardGameMoses is an available handle.

Spit out my drink reading this. Well played.

You’d better!

Sounds like it!

So here’s another gaming related meetup:

That’s me and Karl, who is not on QT3, but is a City of Heroes player. CoH players are a tight knit group, all having gone through the death and rebirth of our favorite game. Karl insisted I stop by before my red-eye flight back to Michigan so he could buy me a beer (which ended up being 3) and we talked games, books, and life for a couple hours before I had to head to the airport.

Karl looks like the guy who, halfway through the heist, you realize you should have left at home.

-Tom

Nice shirt, I have one in long sleeve.