Qt3 Luddite: Reasons NOT to get an iPhone

LOL!! Plus, I drive a Gremlin!

LOL not at all. Still loving every minute of the iPhone, thanks.

You just seemed a little… defensive. Anyway, if we didn’t argue around here there wouldn’t even be any threads!

If I had $500 burning a hole in my pocket, I’d probably buy a PS3.

I mean, I’ve already got a phone that’s like 1/5th the size of the iphone, and even the fanciest fucking phone in the world is still a goddamn phone.

However, back when I was playing Ogame, I would’ve killed for a mobile device that would let me login to the game and play while outside the house. So I suppose there’s a niche market for it outside the typical kool-aid drinking demographic.

Yes, although you can always pay a penalty fee and cancel the contract. At some point, it becomes cheaper to get the contract, even if you cancel it before the end.

I laughed.

No, buy an iPhone, then you could have an iPhone burning a hole in your pocket and you wouldn’t lose that warm feeling.

Good point. Right now I’m addicted to Travian.
Quick Gary, go to http://www.travian.com/ and tell me if I can play on the iPhone. If the answer is ‘yes’ then tell MattKeils Brother-in-law to tell Jobs to release the fucking thing over here allready.

It’s just like the PSP except that we can’t buyy one of ebay.

Seems to work fine:

Bastard!

If Gary posts a picture of himself licking his iPhone, I will officially declare this thread finished.

I don’t even own a tv!

If Gary posts a picture of his iPhone licking Flowers, the whole internet may implode.

Were those taken with your iphone?

Yes, the iPhone is so advanced it can take pictures of itself!

FWIW, I kind of agree with Midnight Son that SSNs are overused to the point of being dangerous… but I have no idea what that has to do with iPhones since every cellphone company is going to ask for you SSN if you don’t do prepaid, and as has already been mentioned here, you can prepay with the iPhone.

Why with a mirror and a little bit of einsteining it’s possible to do anything!

Another reason not to buy an iPhone:

$600 is a lot of money for a smoothie.

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=iphone

It still doesn’t make sense to me that they want your SSN. I gave Comcast my driver’s license #, which works just fine as a valid form of ID. I’ve experienced identity theft before back when I was stupid with my SSN. I don’t want to go through that again.

They want your SSN to do a credit check. That’s how people do credit checks.

Does it suck? Yes.
Is it legal? Yes.
Can you do anything about it? Yes. You can pay more for a prepaid plan, or you can choose not to get a cell phone.
Is this a reason not to get an iPhone? Yes, if by “iPhone” you mean “any cell phone contract”.