QT3 Missing In Action?

I just wanted to pop on here for a minute and let everyone know that yes, I did take a break. Interestingly enough wumpus kind of knew that, but I won’t go into that too much just yet, although I realize he wasn’t going to say anything, rightly so, with his departure.

I intended to stay off longer than I did… but some of you might be aware that I am near fire central right now, but none of the fires, although they are in basically in every direction it seems, is actually threatening my locale directly… One is close enough to a friend where I have offered her a place to go if she has to evacuate, her and her dozen pets… and the smoke is just… awful.

Anyway, I thought my planned timed out length was not as important as just letting others know nothing has happened to me. I appreciate the concern.

Good to have you back!

I hear Guy Fieri is feeding evacuees, take the Flavortown exit off the 405.

It’s too smoky there!

I’m surprised we don’t have a dedicated California wildfire thread, considering that it’s an annual occurrence now. I guess it’s mostly in the general weather thread.

Armando is still online, but he is frantically prepping for GenCon right now, so maybe distracted.

Nice to hear from you.

He’s now at The Other Place.

The worst I can remember is during the Biscuit fire. I’ve been in the area for… awhile. The last few years have been bad but the death with the Carr fire, frankly, still shocks me.Usually when we lose people to these natural events, even as they occur more frequently and get bigger, it’s people fighting the fire. When it’s someone like the Bledsoe family… I feel like something hugely failed there. I hope they investigate thoroughly.

It would be a huge event for fire to force me to evacuate… we’re talking way more than 92k. They took the fire on the hillside that I saw driving home and took our power out within hours. I’ve never seen one that close before, and it’s the first time the plane was close enough to really view. I see the helicopters all the time. they take water from my general direction infrequently, couple of large lakes down the highway.

I am glad you are OK, and hope fires stay at bay. The Boardgaming and sundry Star Wars threads were weaker in your absence. We missed ya.

Hey Nesrie,

We don’t converse that often. But I appreciate your posts and just wanted to say I’m glad you are still around and to hear the fires haven’t threatened you directly.

I hope the smoke dissipates soon

Good to hear from you! Stay safe! Glad you are well!

Join my XCOM game!

I would imagine it’s still stressful as hell, all day long. Good luck.

Glad you are well. My son and his gf just drove to LA from Seattle over the last few days. And my daughter is headed back to school down there soon as well.

Isn’t the air quality hazardous enough to plan to leave the place temporarily? I can’t imagine breathing in the smoke daily. Glad you are ok, Nesrie. Take care.

Nesrie I’d like to add my voice to the others. I really appreciate you here and I’m wishing you safety. PLEASE be safe there. Those fire videos lately have looked absolutely hellish.

XCOM?

There are number of my family members who say they have permanent headaches. Mine might have started today but my house filter and central filters have been doing okay.

We’re supposed to wear masks outside but the reality is, with the extreme weather happening more and more… we’d be leaving our homes ever 2-3 months. It’s not raining ash, so I’ve been through worse. I feel for our southern neighbors… the devastation seems especially bad down there.

Thank you. I appreciate that. Like I siad, I was going to give myself more time away but I felt it was time to let everyone know I am still alive.

I am sorry to see wumpus is gone and Armando is somewhat MIA too I guess.

I hope Armando comes back soon.

It doesn’t look like that’s going to happen, although I’d love it if he did. Against my better judgement I popped over there to check things out.

He seems to be quite happy there and was unhappy here. As well wumpus is also quite comfy there. Make of that what you will. You could certainly check yourself.

Aside from the obvious disruption here lately, I did not get the impression that Armando was unhappy here, although my exposure has been limited to the more tame subforums, so I could well be wrong.

wumpus, though, yes he seemed quite unhappy here. But again, I had that impression mostly from the gman crap and incidents related to all of that.

I miss them both very much though, and I’m super-relieved that Nesrie has popped back in.

I think there were a few others that left as well, and I’m really bummed that they left (apparently for good?) without really giving things time to sort out.

I was going to send a bargain shaped bat-signal for @kaofloppy, but I see there has been a steady stream of activity.