Qt3 Movie Podcast: Crimes of the Future

Tom Chick and Kelly Wand have spent their lives wrestling with David Cronenberg movies. Why stop now? Suffice it to say, we each bring a lot of baggage to Cronenberg’s latest.

This is a companion discussion topic for the podcast, which you can hear here. The original discussion for the movie is located here.

Say what you will about the mom in that opening scene, but at least she had the guts to do what Thelma’s dad couldn’t.

But Brecken was only eating a trash can. It’s not like he was trying to eat his younger sibling. I say: Long live the new flesh!

Oh, wait, I think I’m crossing the streams.

-Tom

I mean, that would explain the mother’s reaction.

My mom told me she stopped having kids after me because I couldn’t eat plastic. Sometimes you just gotta find the right breeder.

Also, I loved when the Logan’s Run discussion went straight to Jenny Agutter, because it reminded me of something funny that hasn’t aged well in that movie. After they go through the cold area and get wet, Michael York says, “we have to take off our clothes.” Jenny Agutter takes off all her clothes. Michael York takes off everything but an inexplicably present pair of black leggings.

Oh yeah, I forgot he was still in the scene.