Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #2 - Offworld Trading Company

That brings the fourth and final round to a close. Replay packs are available here and here, as always, and are archived on the Discord server if you want to lurk about.

Congratulations are again in order for @RothdaTheTruculent, the winner of the bracket. I’ve been running through that last game in my head from time to time over the last week, picking my myriad of mistakes apart, which is a testament to how thoroughly I enjoyed those last few games. Very well done.

I ultimately ended in second place, meaning I have some fighting to do next time around to get back up top. We’ll see how that works out.

@vyshka took the third place position based on arcane tiebreaking maths, so credit where credit is due. @legowarrior and @Enidigm also put forward equivalent match records worthy of note.

Yet again, I genuinely thank every one of you for your participation. As long as people are willing to put themselves out there and try their hand at a bit of human opposition, I’m willing to keep this thing running. You all are awesome.

There will be a three week hiatus until the next tournament begins with Tooth and Tail. The thread is open with signups available, and there’s a nice chunk of time to get yourselves acquainted with the game if you are so inclined. If that’s not your thing, then there will be another round of voting sometime before that tournament ends to pick the next candidate. From what I hear, there’ll be a new turn-based mech game that we might allow into the running as an option. Time will tell.

In the meantime, there are always more colonies on Mars that need resources, and there is always a need for brave souls willing to step forward and take up the challenge. Be courageous, be ambitious, and most of all, be profitable.