Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #3 - Tooth and Tail

Yeah, Enidigm and I got to wrestle with that too. I think I figured it out, but it’s easy enough to just open a public lobby and kick any random player that happens to join.

Question that came up in our match, do toads inflict damage on friendly units when they self-destruct or just the opponent? Looking at the wiki it looks like it is probably just the opponent.

Nothing inflicts friendly fire damage to my knowledge. Toads, skunk gas, artillery shells, nothing.

I could not find the time to play @geggis today, so I’ll just forfeit this round.

It’s been a really busy week and he should have to suffer for my lack of time.

Certainly understandable. I’ll take care of the bracket in a bit. Replays for round one can be found here for the interested.

Sorry you weren’t able to make it lego.

And I knew I was going to get you @Otagan!

At least you get research materials so you can see all my special tactics. :|

Rodent ball-o-death?

The random army rolls gave me lizards both times so I was swarming them. Probably should’ve switched whenever the toads came out, but I can be stubborn sometimes.

Augh, was hoping they’d be lost.
I’d like to comment that when I am not moving in the first game, that is (mostly) because I lost pad control repeatedly.
There are no excuses for me driving myself or my army repeatedly into landscapes obstacles in the second game though.

And the lizards are absolutely sensationnal (they look like they are out of Dino Run DX, with those hats!).

Who would’ve thought that the early part of spring would be busy for people? /s

As of the time of this post, there are no results submitted, including from my own matchup. That said, no individual is to blame for that. Out of the eight participants, I know that we have one who has been in a training conference this entire week, one who just got a new job and moved within the last week, and one who is expecting a new family member at some point in the immediate future (if it hasn’t already happened). That’s just what I have confirmed, and I assume at least one or two of us are similarly busy at the moment.

With that said, since there are currently no results and the prospects of actually getting more than one matchup properly played before tomorrow evening, I’d like to see if there are any objections to extending the current round by a week. Frankly, I’d throw the entire rulebook out the window if it meant that you all had an opportunity to actually play your matches, and it doesn’t seem fair to punish people for, you know, living their lives rather than playing a video game.

Do I hear any objections to a one week extension on Round 2?

So say we all.

I’ve no objection to that. I’ve been busy all week but I’m able to play our games today if you’re available.

Cool. With no objections, we’ll extend Round 2 by one week.

All matches are in except for @Enidigm and @legowarrior. I know lego expressed some concern about the game earlier this week in Discord, so I wanted to see if you’re planning to play this round’s matches or if you had something else in mind.

I reached out to @Enidigm yesterday, and we’ll see if we have time this evening. Otherwise… I’m not sure.

I’m sitting in an airport right now. Could probably run it for the next 1-2. Can’t get Discord to approve me (see Random Thought thread).

Yeah, I am actually out at dinner right now. I should be home in about an hour if your are still available.

Looks like we might miss then. I start boarding at 19:45 EST.

I might’ve been able to hook up on Monday or late Sunday for me (i’ll be at UTC +1:00). If not i’ll have to forfeit. Sorry i got so tied up this week!

Given that each one of you was largely unavailable for a week, what about drawing your round so the bracket can advance? I’m thinking that’s the most even-handed resolution at this point since we’ve already done a full week extension. Thoughts?