Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #3 - Tooth and Tail

I don’t mind forfeiting or drawing; lego can decide which.

Let’s do a draw.

Then a draw it is. The bracket is updated. As always, the replay pack is here if you are so inclined.

Round 3 has begun. Fair warning: a balance patch is in the works for a tentative release sometime during the week. If you’d like to exploit whatever may be slightly overpowered at the moment, take full advantage of your window of opportunity. Otherwise, there may be a few units tamped down and a few slightly buffed by the time you next play.

For the observant who wonder why there are only two games for LeftEmpty and otthegreat, the third was lost to the ether and I’ve gone with the officially reported result by the victor.

So, that balance patch apparently got held up by issues with implementing crossplay with PS4. Currently looking like Wednesday of next week for a release. Bummer.

Round 3 is nearly at an end, with 24 hours left. vyshka and I just played our matches (well played, particularly as the curse of the RNG reared its ugly head in the second match to my benefit), and I know there are tentative plans for at least one of the other games to get played this evening, but I am currently without any other results at this time. As always, please let me know if there are any issues.

I won’t be around for most of tomorrow so doubt I’ll be able to play @Left_Empty until either tomorrow night or Sunday morning GMT.

I think I’m going to have to forfeit to @Enidigm this week. New baby is not yet at the “chill out quietly for a couple of hours at a time reliably” stage. Trying to plan something feels like a fool’s errand at the moment.

@Otthegreat and I ran into some technical difficulties during our game play. We did play a game, but neither of us is 100% satisfied with the result, so we might try again tonight if we can work our schedules out.

We can fudge the end time of this round a bit if it gets more games played. I’ll hold the end until tomorrow so we can try and get at least three of the matchups played, and we can revisit the probable forfeit at that point.

geggis v @Left_Empty: 2:1

The first game was decisive for Left, the second was decisive for me thanks to some pathfinding issues breaking up Left’s army, and the final game was decided by a last minute fall back on my part, quick erection of a gristmill and warrens only to realise Left couldn’t really defend himself against falcons.

I am so glad for this tourney. @vyshka destroyed me -_- But the games against @Otthegreat and @geggis were very thrilling!

I guess I won the last game. We had some technical issues, so we we’re hoping to replay, but it didn’t happen.

It was a fantastic game with @Otthegreat.

All right, with an extra day and some more results, I’m proceeding with SadleyBradley’s forfeit and legowarrior’s win of the game that was played in their set. I don’t have that match’s replay, but the others are available here.

The final set of matchups are distributed, and we’ll aim for tying this up by this time next weekend.

I’m planning to cap off the final round about 48 hours from now, so this is the obligatory reminder.

@geggis and I will most likely play tomorrow.

I should have some time tomorrow evening for our final game.

Yeah I’ll be around most of the day. Will keep an eye out on Steam for you.

Thanks to everyone again for the great tournament, and fun games.

Vyshka and I had some great games. I was happy to last three!

Thanks for the games folks and thanks to @Left_Empty for generously picking this up for me for Christmas! :-)