Qt3 Secret Santa: The Return (deadline to register: October 15th)

We had the discussion on limits last year as well.

Personally, I’d be more for eliminating the bottom on the gift-giving. There are certainly bound to be some people here who would love to give a gift but may not be able to spare the full $20, and I’m not a huge fan of leaving them out.

I think the thoughtfulness (and in some cases, humor) that goes into these things is worth much more than the dollar value of the gifts. Some people got games last year. Some people got books or action figures. The dollar values were varying, but I can’t say that I had any feelings that anyone was let down by the end result.

Good to see so many people signing up already. Looks like we may be due for a bigger Santa/Santee pool this year, which is awesome.

And to answer the international question, last year I tried to match people up by continent if at all possible to keep costs down for people shipping gifts. Obviously, the more people who participate, the easier this becomes - so don’t anyone who is outside North America be timid.

In addition, if you are someone who wouldn’t mind shipping to another continent, please feel free to mark that in your PM with your shipping information. I’ll make sure I mention that again when the time comes for me to collect addresses.

I’m in!

Yeah, a top limit would potentially be more inclusive than a bottom limit.

I’m just going to give this a little bump and remind people that they have to have their in-ness posted up by the 15th.

Let’s get some more people!

In!

-Tom

Oh, what the hell. I’m in.

Whoops! I hadn’t even seen this thread. Definitely count me in.

Yeah I missed it the first time it was posted, too. I’m in.

I’m in this year.

I’m in.

Troy

I’m in.

On an unrelated note:

I’m also running low on Magic Sculp. Yes, Magic Sculp, that fancy wonderful sculpting material that makes a great gift. One of the only epoxies that will smooth out with water. Its grain structure is finer than any other product available and will not shrink or crack even when formed in large structures. It can be shaped by hand or with modeling tools, sanded, carved, painted; you can attack it with a grinding tool and the cured material will not break apart or lose its shape.

When you think Christmas, think Magic Sculp.

yeah, I guess I’m in too.

If logistics require it, I don’t mind sending across continents - allthough I was very pleased with my pick of both santa and santee last year.

I’m in.

:)

I’m just worried that with me in Singapore and wanting to send presents to whoever, it will be difficult. I mean I want to wrap the present and everything, but is everyone ok with an amazon box or the related showing up on their doorstep on the 25th?

If that’s all good, then I’m in as well.

This sounds fun, but I can’t spend, like, a ton of cash. $20 is no prob, though.

I’m waffling. Aw heck…I’m in!

In. Like Flynn.

FLINT?

Dudes… In!

The phrase variously references Our Man Flint and Errol Flynn, so I think they’re both good. Maybe it’s time for an update?

-Tom, in like Clooney