Quarter to Three Dice Block - western Blood Bowl league thread

Applied.

Team: Kilted Dandies
Race: High Elf

I wasn’t trying to be harsh about rushing anyone, but some folks were clearly getting anxious so I just wanted to be sure whether the last few folks were just taking their time, and not bailing entirely. Apologies if it came across as insulting.

Ah, heck no. It didn’t come off as insulting.

It’s good to get a follow up just so it doesn’t fall through the cracks.

I definitely didn’t take it negatively.

One person had some real life issues come up so McKnight has been bumped up into their spot.

I’m in work tonight but will submit my team when I get back.

I’ve submitted my team.

The Ulthuan Ulnar
High Elves

If any of you guys have ever considered shoutcasting something, this would be a pretty damn good opportunity. Watching replays sans commentary is boooring, even if it’s replays of competitors. Watching replays with commentary, however, is great fun.

I’d do it in a heartbeat if i knew anything about Bloodbowl… Unfortunately I don’t :)

Anybody looking for a co-caster though… ;)

Submitted my team.

Added your team McKnight. That leaves only one player unaccounted for at this point. Unfortunately they have not responded to either email I sent, and that person has only 5 posts on the forum and no activity since the 13th of this month. At this point with tomorrow being the deadline, I’d like to look for an alternate if necessary. Does anyone know anyone else who might like to round out our roster of 16 teams?

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town on extended vacation for the holidays. I did not receive the reminder e-mail, so I will need to see if it did not get shunted into a junk folder by mistake.

I applied with my Norse team, Ruly Mob, just a few minutes ago.

So, it looks like the league breakdown is:

Bashy Teams (1):

Dwarf x 1 - Mollys Finest

Agile Teams (8):
Goblins x 1 - Stunty Snacks
Wood Elves x 1 - Cashmere Rovers
Dark Elf x 1 - Sin City Hepcats
Amazon x 2 - Kachitan Runaways, Dot Coms
High Elf x 2 - Kilted Dandies, The Ulthuan Ulnar
Skaven x 1 - Chawcheese Charlies

Balanced Teams (7):
Orcs x 2 - Green Baying Packorcs, Orc Green Crushas
Undead x 1 - Scourge of Valere
Norse x 1 - Ruly Mob
Necromantic x 2 - Darklind Wightskins, Some Things Wicked
Human x 1 - Reikland Royalty

Granted, this is just generalization based on base team capabilities and general team strategies, but it looks like this league may be fairly high-scoring, considering half the league is speed-and-dodge heavy, and there’s a lack of the bashy teams like Ogres, Chaos, Nurgle, and Khemri.

Awesome, glad you could make it Dantes. Since everyone is accounted for I’ll get things spinning up tonight and everyone will be free to start playing games shortly!

And Balut, I tend to see Orcs as on the bashier side. For that matter I tend to see Goblins that way too :)

League started and first week game assignments posted! Lets keep it to a clean one foul per turn out there people!

Bah. You never let me have any fun :( ;)

Come on, it’s Woodies I’m playing. How am I supposed to remove them all from the pitch so I can score with just one foul per turn…

(oh wait, it’s woodies, odds are that there won’t be more then one Woodie down on the pitch at a time) :P

You can only do one foul per turn…

Yes, I know, We were both joking :) (too bad we’re not doing Vanilla 3rd edition… there was a special play card called “Grudge match”, which if played, allowed both teams to foul unlimited times per turn (with the limit that each opposing player could only be fouled once) :D

Apparently being a lurker for the past year and not a poster has left me with the inability to send PMs. So, in the meantime, to SlyFrog:

I’m usually available on weeknights between 9PM and 1AM EST. Saturdays/Sundays are malleable, so I can work around something. My steam name is the same as my QT3 name if you just want to catch me sometime to see if I’m free.

balut, in what world are the orcs not considered a bashy team?

And Norse are bashy… glass cannon bashy but bashy none theless… if Orcs and Norse aren’t bashy (and undead/necro too)… who is? Chaos and Dwarves only?