Radical Heights - Boss Key's post Lawbreakers joint

Sure, but if people aren’t interested in watching your multiplayer game, then it’s going to be a non-starter, right?

Ouch, that one is gonna leave a mark.

You know what should pivot to battle royale? Mount and Blade. Now that would be sweet!

Mounted melee combat, huge damage advantage on a horse but everybody sees you coming a mile away. Short-range crossbows, mid-range longbows are the only ranged weapons. Mounted, fast, melee armored knights versus on foot, slower, rangers and assassins.

I would lose my shit if Battlefield implemented battle royale. Lose. My. Shit.

That actually is a fantastic idea. But it would need to be implemented ala Kingdom Come Deliverance’s model of fighting.

Thanks, I was trying to remember the newer game that was supposed to offer great melee-- didn’t play it myself. Battle Royale that suckah!

I like the asymmetrical gameplay of mounted knights vs. rangers better than other face-offs like cowboys vs. indians, cops vs. robbers, or even humans vs. terminators. But they would all also work, and evolve the battle royale genre, take it somewhere new.

You laugh but there is gold genius in that comment!

There’s definitely room for a medieval themed battle royale and a fantasy themed battle royale.

Imagine a fantasy map full of castles, lava, dark towers, caves, flying ships, ect. and spells are weapons. Add some wacky rag doll and destructible environments and be creative with the spells.

@nijimeijer: That has the setting but not the asymmetrical gameplay, which is what I find really interesting. Well, the melee combat is pretty cool too.

@Enidigm: I was totally serious!

I’m quite surprised For Honor hasn’t gone BR yet, I’d probably play that.

Maybe not yet; that trailer is very limited. I’ve been following the game because it looks sweet, hoping they’ll add more variety soon.

Yep.

Anyway, my problem with all the PUBG clones is that they’re just that, the same gameplay loop with different skins. Fortnite has a bit of construction stuff from its essentially canceled original game but it’s ancillary to gameplay.

What’s cool about battle royale is the way it takes a huge number of people and slowly smashes them together. There’s a lot of possibilities within that broad structure beyond shooting each other with scoped rifles.

well sure, he’s the only guy with a gun.

I agree with this. People are trying the same thing – dudes on an island with guns – but what they should be doing is trying crazy stuff in the same genre. Battle royale in planes? In spaceships? With wizards? As animals? Make it cooperative instead of competitive?

I’m guessing none of those things would make money, but they’d probably be great.

This… is not true. Construction is a fundamental part of the game. If you cannot do it, and do it well, and with pace, you are unlikely to ever win.

How can one guy leave a mark in a game you can’t play by yourself?

Ba-dum… pish.

This could make War of the Roses relevant again!

I loved that game and my “short ranged crossbow.”

They should pair up that poor bastard with the one guy that bought the Win10 Store version of COD Infinite Warfare.

“Embrace the jank”

Sounds like they might be using bots to fill out the matches. The Internet rabble won’t like that.