Radical Heights - Boss Key's post Lawbreakers joint

Welcome to RADICAL HEIGHTS, a free X-TREME Early Access BATTLE ROYALE shooter. Partake in high-stakes gunplay as you loot for weapons, gadgets, cosmetics, and CASH! Survive to the end or risk it all in this irreverent action game show where everyone wants to be rich and famous!

oh dear god.

Battle Royale? What a clever idea!

With two recently established titans in the genre, I’m sure they’ll enjoy millions of concurrent users! Just like all those me-too MOBAs did.

It’s already on Steam, of course.

Bodacious!

No no, this is EXTREME Early Access BATTLE ROYALE shooter - very different.

I turned 16 in 1997, and I’m already so over the '90s nostalgia wave.

So… it’s GTA online?
That game already exists, right?

This looks like one of the parody shows in GTAV. I want nothing in this.

NO MORE RETRO NOSTALGIA CRAP, GET YOUR OWN IDENTITY, 2018!

I don’t know what you guys are talking about , it looks great and I hope CliffyB invests a sizable portion of his own money towards make this fantastic gem.

pokerface

I think their entry into the battle royale genre will go as well as their entry into the hero shooter genre.

Edit: Okay, snark aside, this is fine – Boss Key shouldn’t be demonized for trying to cash in on an established genre, and you know that people (read: millenial streamers) are going to eat the 90’s shit up.

One of the big complaints about LawBreakers was that the game’s aesthetic was bland and vague. The characters were just generic sci-fi armored shooter people and even the environments were nondescript arenas. None of it was exciting or memorable.

This looks like an overreaction to that criticism.

This looks nice. I watched the trailer on mute. It reminds me a little bit of GTA: San Andreas, with all that bike riding. But the bike riding in GTA: SA was so much fun. If they can re-capture that in a nice big map with Battle Royale gameplay, that sounds like it could be fantastic.

I think you mean X-TREME.

This is pretty funny, considering their original blog post:

We will continue to support the game in its current state, but we also need to focus on other projects with fresh creative leaders. We have been working on something new and we can’t wait to share more about it! It’s a passion project that we’re in complete control of.

I mean sure, if a money grab to follow in PubG and Fortnite is considered your passion then sure. Thank god for their fresh creative leaders.

I’m sure they are also trying to release ASAP to beat out Hi-Rez, which is working on a Battle Royal mode for Paladins. I"m sure that’s also a real passion project as well.

If there is a big table full of money, and other people are taking money from it, I’d consider myself passionate about not leaving money on it.

It seems janky

Personally, I’d climb up on the table and take a big 90’s nostalgia bowel moment right on top of the money pile.

Btw, this is from the Founder’s Pack DLC on Steam

Welcome to RADICAL HEIGHTS, a free X-TREME early access BATTLE ROYALE shooter. Partake in high-stakes battle royale gunplay in a sunny SoCal dome as contestants drive-by on BMX bikes or stalk other contestants from the shadows in search for weapons and prizes…but also CASH that you can bank - win or lose! Whether you spend that cash on righteous customization in your personal prize room or pull it from an ATM to purchase weapons early in the next game – building a wealth of cash is as important as taking down the competition in this irreverent 80s-themed action game show where everyone wants to be rich and famous!

I’m not very interested in Battle Royale games, so I’m not the target audience for this. However, that copy does absolutely nothing for me.

It’s… it’s got to be a parody, right? It reads like something right out of the I hate this guy thread.