Rage 2 - Bethesda and Avalanche witness me

Wait, is that a real thing? Not an April Fools thing?

Either way, I want it.

If this is real, they have my preorder. It should be fun in short bursts but I doubt I could play the entire game with that on.

I never played NBA Jam, but this guy is amazing.

OH SHIT

Why are people doubting my posts today, lol.

Please enable that in the campaign, please enable that in the campaign.

Also, NBA Jam is BC on XBone. Get it!

“LOUD NOISES!”

No blood or effects when shooting targets? Only saw a short bit of it.

The lower left UI looked kinda… meh.

I want those announcer voices.

I flicked through and ended up with the protagonist in a dingy room full of shelves, smashing up crates to collect stuff just before a boss and realised little has changed in a few decades.

The vehicle combat vs the armored caravan didn’t seem as exciting as it was in Mad Max. :|

My takeaway from the IGN footage:

1. I can’t tell if I think this violates my Shadowarrior 2 rule of shooters, I’ll have to play it. The rule is basically “I want moving about your world to feel like magic”. It doesn’t apply to every shooter, it wouldn’t be appropriate in every shooter. But this looks like one where it would.

2. The Grav Dart tutorial cutaway was ugh. Just spawn some enemies and let me take it for a spin on my own (i.e. the guys who appeared right after he exited where he picked it up).

3. The combo of power and gun play seems pretty good but again I feel like I need to play it to ultimately judge it.

4. Why on earth was there a modal pop up to inform the player about a quest reward and then a fucking animated experience bar for the level up? I do not want to stop the game every time I finish a quest or level up like that. I don’t want to be removed from the game world like that. Who does this shit. I’m not even sure what leveling up means but leveling up and finishing quests seems like the sort of thing that might be happening a lot in the game.

5. A reviving QTE. Fuck off.

6. Death blossom for that turret that has missiles pointing every which way or go home.

I don’t understand the Grav Dart Launcher. Why would I waste time with shooting enemies then shooting another target to gravity pull them to, when I could just shoot them with a regular shotgun and be done with it?

Why would you waste time grappling people to things in Just Cause when you could just shoot them?

Because the grapple kill in JC2/3/4 was often more efficient at killing soldiers than the actual guns.

Not so much here from what I can see.

That’s the thing. In Just Cause the grapple is a toy you can use for general mayhem and killing. It’s very broadly purposed, and allows you to do a lot a gun can’t.

I don’t really know about the GDL in Rage 2 yet because what footage I have seen just shows it used to yank people into wild blue yonder. But it does look more like a gimmicky gun as opposed to a tool/toy.

They pulled people into walls and stuff. I feel sure you can pull people into explosives to make them go off, pull people into other people to knock them off a cliff, etc.

I don’t think it was my experience that the grapple was more efficient – I was usually grappling people to gas tanks then making the tanks fly away. Less “ruthless efficiency” and more “just [be]cause”.

I kind of always thought the same of the grav gun in HL2. It was cumbersome to use, the objects sometimes could get stuck in the environment, it would block your vision when hold, and it made combat a bit less immediate. It was faster to put two shotgun shells to whatever enemy.