Rage 2 - Bethesda and Avalanche witness me

Alright, now you made me look up the Deluxe edition. ($20 more than Standard Ed)

Apparently,

The RAGE 2: Deluxe Edition gives you:
• Rise of the Ghosts: An exciting campaign expansion to RAGE 2 available by Summer 2019.
• Doom BFG
• Wasteland Wizard Cheat Codes
• Battle Standard
• Progress Booster

Meh, not enough Andrew WK.

So, saw that last video.

Is this, Borderlands with IDTech engine?

Doesn’t look as terrible as the first Rage at least.

Definitely looks a lot less janky. I ended up enjoying the first Rage despite an initial bad impression, but the town stuff and the vehicle stuff and just navigating in certain spaces was pretty full of jank. Surprising for an id game.

I think Rage was the first one they did with Megatextures - they probably spent more time on the tech than the game, or Carmack was too busy in Virtual Reality (queue piano chords…) perchance.

It uses Avalanche’s Apex engine (Just Cause 3, 4, and Mad Max etc).

They’ll move it to the epic store a month before launch… :D

images

Nah man, it’s cool. You’ve done more than enough. You can keep that one.

But I’m happy Rage 2 is back on the menu.

I’m sure the writer’s spot-on with his design complaints, but Rage 2 is running on Avalanche’s in-house Apex engine, not id Tech 6.

100% correct.

Ugh , the recent Apex engine wasn’t very impressive from what I saw of Just Cause 4…

Makes sense to me. It’s designed for huge open worlds, while idtech isn’t.

The map full of icons open world feels archaic after Far Cry 5.

I think it does a good job for what they’re trying to do in that game. I play on Xbox One though, so maybe my expectations are lower than a PC player with a big gaming rig. The physics capabilities make for some big potential.

The Apex engine also opens them up to all sorts of crazy physics interactions, hopefully RAGE2 exploits that to some extent, if obviously less than Just Cause.

Wait, did Far Cry 5 do something different?

Yes, you discover stuff through exploration and talking to people, so you aren’t going through “mowing the lawn” clearing icons, rather than playing a game. It’s FC5’s biggest innovation.

Nice , in game commentator cheat being added.

I feel like I am a teenager again.