Railway Empire - Railroad Tycoon from Kalypso

I think I ran into a bug. Two of my grain farms have plenty of stock, but they won’t load it onto the train. I have no idea what is wrong as it was working earlier.

Is the station connected to a town demanding grain? It seems like this is a fundamental difference with the first version.

Yep, it’s like something got screwy. The farm reports full inventory, and for a while the trains load without that inventory going down. Then the train says waiting for goods and takes forever to load. Eventually it seems to. At first I didn’t think it was at all.

Actually, it’s not just the grain farm. Beer is loading slowly even though the brewery has around 50 in inventory. My train took two and left even though the other city needs it and has a warehouse, with other cities trying to draw from that warehouse.

I cannot get my head around between a town needing a resource and setting up warehouse to move that resource to another location that needs it. If you build a warehouse and set it to it than it should store it. As @Ginger_Yellow points out there has to be a town that demands it.

The other factor seems to be that a resource can get stockpiled at a town and the need goes down so the train will not move it. I am a bit confused and keep making mistakes. I guess I need to focus on getting towns to grow with Grain, Lumber, etc

OK, I think my issue starts when I purchase an industry. My diary farm was working OK, loading the good onto the train. I bought it because I wanted to upgrade the level, which I did. It stopped loading the milk onto my train now. Well, I shouldn’t say stopped because it os now loading one milk every 3 to 4 days, even though it is producing over 6 per week and has 22 in export storage.

I tried returning the farm. Waited. Bought it back. It still won’t load the milk at the normal rate.

There could be several reasons, but assuming you don’t have any mechanical issues with your lines, the most likely (non-bug) reason is that all your connected cities have their demand fulfilled. Check their import storage, is it full?

I did the same thing. Bought the farm to upgrade thinking it wasnt producing enough but I think it is the opposite the need for the supply went down. I wonder if sending the resource to a dedicated warehouse would get around it so the items could be used farther down the network?

I’ve been trying to figure out what causes this and say a potential bug mentioned on the Steam forums. If you look at the Goods Supply and Demand window, there is a column for Current Delivery by Train. On one of my cities, where it was being supplied by a slow loading train, it said 40+ grain was being delivered. Well, I looked at every train that uses the that station and only found 18 being delivered. I think that number gets out of whack so it prevents other trains from bringing more because it has enough.

I deleted every train coming to the station and it slowly reduced the number of grain currently being delivered. It took a minute or two to get down to 3, which still doesn’t make sense because no trains are coming to the station. Maybe it includes product coming over roads even though it is labeled train.

I let the game run a little and readded one train to the line that was loading slowly and it seems to be loading correctly now.

That all seems like kind of a critical issue in the game. Or is it? Or easy to work around? I could see someone not realizing what’s going on and end up with major demand/supply issues.

So far in chapter 2 I haven’t had that problem, even after buying and upgrading 2 businesses. I’ll see if I can get through this chapter without seeing anything screwy.

I didn’t notice any bugs when I completed chapter 2 of the campaign. Each of the 2 scenarios has been pretty meaty. I’ve enjoyed them for the most part. I do get very focused on choosing what I need to do to meet the objectives, so my rails are sometimes a mess - like if I need to deliver 4 goods to a city and it’s close to the end of the scenario I’ll just build whatever is needed and get it done. I score chase and don’t really care how pretty it looks.

On the first scenario I did ok and got rank 2434 out of 8676 people, but on the second one I got 80 out of 3723. But that means less than half the people went on to complete the second after the first so that isn’t a great sign.

It doesn’t seem as pronounced as in the first game, but the tracks take up more space than feels right, artificially creating more difficulty. It’s not a huge deal but it does make things feel a little off when working around other track or terrain.

The research feels unnecessarily tacked on - I don’t know if it gets more interesting later.

Still, it’s fun to move cargo around the map to make cities grow.

Edit: I’m not sure why they think it’s a good idea to have the annoying talking heads saying dumb dialog often times repetitive in the case of opponents. It adds no value. I usually like some story in the game but this is so bad I’d rather not have it.

It is good to know that goods can be transferred between warehouses in the same city if they both store the same good. I tried to have one station pick up goods from the warehouse in the other station and that didn’t work - but I don’t think I tried warehouses in both, storing the same good in both. I think it took him to long to get to the point though.

I’m in the 3rd campaign and for the life of me I can’t get my train to Denver to load clothing. It is produced in Wichita. At first I tried to route it through my warehouse in Topeka and then I built a direct line from Wichita. No luck. Denver doesn’t show and incoming clothing on any of its trains either. Pissing me off because this is a long scenario and I’m 70% of the way through.

I’ve done all but two of the tutorials, and so far I’m pretty impressed. I didn’t play the first game, and in fact i haven’t played any train game since Train Fever. I have actually learned a few things about railways from these tutorials, which itself is cool. And I like setting train direction, making parallel tracks, adding gridirons, etc. I didn’t realize there was a campaign, but i look forward to trying that. Should I do that for my first “real” game?

I haven’t played a non campaign game yet, but I think so. I like having the goals for success, although maybe the sandbox games have random goals.

So I’m almost done with the first campaign mission – 95% there. Good addictive fun! I’ve enjoyed it. I like riding along and watching my trains pass each other.

One of my goals is to buy up an opponent’s stock, which I’m doing. But I don’t see any dividends or other financial benefits for doing so, other than an increase in my net worth. Is there any financial reward for owning enemy stock?

Also, I’ve mostly got the hang of laying track and routing, but I still occasionally get frustrated trying to connect stations that seem like they should connect. Often the culprit is a missing gridiron. But sometimes I’ve built in such a way that I can’t add easily add new platforms to a station, and I have trouble merging into existing lines. I guess the key is to make sure I merge with exactly parallel incoming lines, so they can get gridirons too?

The only bugs afflicting me are cosmetic. Increasingly, the game lets objects encroach on my tracks – trees, grass, sometimes houses.

Also, I got a tech to add a caboose, but I was disappointed that I don’t see the actual caboose on my trains. Or maybe there’s a way to add it manually? It would be fun to see a caboose. :)

When you create a route do you select the Caboose?

Oh! I didn’t know I could. I’ll try. Thanks.

Anyone know where saved games are for the PC Gamepass version of this game? A google search led me to a RE2 folder in users/username/packages, but it didn’t include saved games.