Rainbow Six: Lockdown: a 5.7GB Gift from Ubisoft

Hump, no. The multiplayer isn’t worth it. As I mention in the review, it plays like a throwaway run-and-gun game. None of the cool heartbeat sensor/heartbeat jammer interplay is in there. The maps you remembered being super cool, like 747 and bunkers, really aren’t as cool as I remembered.

-Tom

Yeah, I noticed the review actually appeared a few hours or so after my last post. I think this is a case where a review has to consider the previous games in the series and Tom did a good job of stating how Lockdown fails to live up to its previous editions on the PC.

That might be an interesting debate itself - how much should a game in an established series change over the earlier releases? Do we just want better graphics, minor UI refinements and the like? Or do we want something that echoes the original game while taking the series in a different direction (eg. Rainbow Six going from a slower-paced tactical game to a faster, more typical run and gun shooter)?

Hey Tom, does the PC version have the console version’s Multiplayer meta-game where you earn experience playing online and all that?

This isn’t really a negative, because the heartbeat sensor was TEH GHEY in multiplayer.

Ahh well, let’s hope GR:AW is somehow decent on the PC.

Dave, there’s not PEC mode, or whatever it was called, in the PC version. Which is odd, because that seems like the platform where they could really sell something like that.

-Tom