Rainbow Six Siege

I played the previous free weekend. Although, Tomorrow is BFA release for World of Warcraft, so my weekend might be spent grinding until I quit (again).

3pm pacific today!

Anyone still playing this? I’ve had a good group going every night for the past week or two, it’s been a lot of fun! Even our good old @Jason_McMaster has been getting in on it.

Got my first ace tonight. It felt good! :D

They’re self-censoring stuff in R6 Siege to comply with Asia’s stricter content rules.

Example:

It’s not just map scenery. The changes even impact the UI.

:-(
Guess easier than having two different versions in play, but, where will it end.

Another Article

While I definitely don’t support excessive censorship in games, I tried backlash against this is really stupid. None of the changes are for anything meaningful. They’re not political at all, and just reflect different cultural standards (if there was full frontal nudity, it would have been censored in many countries too). From a business perspective, having one team working on versions of the game instead of two means they’ll have more resources to use for improve the game (higher profits typically result in better support).

Unrelated to censorship issues, if I wanted to pick an R6 games for coop, which one would be the best?

There will still be two different versions of the game though, which is why this is baffling.

There are already a lot of Chinese playing Siege (I live in Macau so I mostly play with them). Maybe they are worried about their servers being completely blacklisted there.

Free to play from the 15th and for a week apparently.

Also there’s some Twitch Prime loot associated with the game, might work with the week-trial version also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sAe89nOMCY

I downloaded the PS5 version. Crashes after the splash screen. Can’t start the game. Anyone else trying this today?

I removed the PS4 version from my console after I downloaded the PS5 game. I’m wondering if that also needs to be installed? It’s not available for long so I can’t find anyone else having issues yet on the 'net… but possible no one else has tried either.

To reply to myself for anyone who wants to try this… it wasn’t just me. Others have the same issue.

Meet Flores, the first openly gay Operator in Rainbow Six Siege.

“He also confessed that his marriage was as much of a surprise to him as it was to me. Maybe in time we’ll find out why his husband isn’t bothered by his criminal career.”

Per game director Jean-Baptiste Halle, folks should expect more characters “who identify with different genders and have different sexualities.”

I played this a few years back and was intimidated by the time needed to learn the operators skills and maps. Was fun gun play but to get good, lots of time investment needed I imagine.

Just a reminder that this is still trucking along.