Rainbow Six Siege

I’m not gonna bite Telefrog.

You’re defending a broken, clunky, sluggish, blocky and jerky-ass “shooter” with terrible netcode. Why? I don’t know and I don’t care.

Did I mention buggy? Their latest patch has me stuck loading into MP games, I have to alt-tab and kill it.

This game is my second worst ever buy after “Empire: Total War” upon release.

I played a lot of the beta. I haven’t gotten around to buying this yet cause I’m gonna wait for the price to go down, even though I liked it a lot. A lot of people in this thread agree with me, based on their posts.

It sounds like whatever issues you’re having are you issues. Maybe your internet connection isn’t working or your system is having problems with the engine, but I don’t have the same complaints that you have. I suspect the most likely culprit, though, is that you’re bad at the game and are looking for something to blame. So. Yeah. Sorry. I guess you stink.

SuperBunnyHop’s review while very positive spends some time talking about very poor (or unpredictable) hit detection due to netcode problems. Maybe that is what PantsVZ is experiencing?

I’ve been holding off waiting to see if they improve the netcode and because I have fatigue from full-priced multiplayer-only games. This strikes me as a $30 game at best.

-Todd

They patched the netcode today. Game is also ~25$ cheaper on gmg

I’ve been playing with buddies at the office, we’ve got a consistent group of five people (and we have a game room lined with consoles and PCs) and we mostly play terrohunt. What a blast this game is, it’s the most fun I’ve had in MP since Helldivers.

It’s too bad that you’re having a hard time with Rainbow Six: Siege, but hyperbole is never a good idea when you’re trying to make your case. Furthermore, nine times out of ten, someone using the word broken has no idea what he’s talking about. And why is shooter in quotes? Are you claiming that it’s an RPG or a match-3?

I’ve only played a little of the game, but fortunately, I didn’t experience any of what you’re describing. Since you’re playing on the PC and it sounds like you’re new to PC gaming, you might want to look into how to adjust the graphics options for a smoother experience. It’ll serve you well when you try to play other PC games, too.

-Tom

Since the title launched, all I do is get stuck at “Creating Squad”. A known issue that they are - according to their support forums - investigating.

Got the game from a hardware purchase, so no big whoop, but it seems like it might be fun. Some day.

The new Ultra HD textures are nice. But matchmaking was taking forever earlier. Of course, there’s probably a big reason for that.

Meanwhile this is my favorite on-line shooter of the past 10 years. Finally something that takes me back to Rogue Spear and Raven Shield days; two shooters I would actually consider a bit clunky due to their slower and more tactical nature. I messed with the graphics settings (nvidia keeps resetting things with new drivers) and I feel, at this point, the game runs super smooth and after the patch things are great. I couldn’t be much happier with the game and cannot wait for new content.

Thanks, that price is tempting!

But:

Since the title launched, all I do is get stuck at “Creating Squad”. A known issue that they are - according to their support forums - investigating.

Got the game from a hardware purchase, so no big whoop, but it seems like it might be fun. Some day.

This is my continuing worry. During multiple attempts during different beta sessions I could never connect to a MP PVP session. Never. I could play Terrorist Hunt with other players and I had an absolute blast doing that, but I fall into that group of players that could never successfully connect to a PVP game. I am sure if I spent a lot of time forwarding ports, and fiddling with my router, and shutting off and turning on the electrical grid in my neighborhood I might get it to work…but it is 2015 and $60. I really enjoyed my time with the game but I worry that the problem will persist for me especially since players like mrcjhicks is still reporting the issue. :-(

-Todd

It’s free to play on PC this weekend. You can get up to four codes, so get your friends.

If anyone has a code they don’t want for this weekend I’d like one. It’s actually for a friend who really wants to try it, so I can’t even offer to play with you. ::shamed look::

Sent you one via PM, aarendek.

Awesome, thanks! My friend will really appreciate it!

I’d like to give it a try if any has a code to spare. I’m considering getting it after Christmas and like to give it a spin. Also I’ll be your friend. Not a "give you a kidney’ friend but if you need someone to play with I’m in.

But I need a kidney

I keep giving this game second chances because I paid for it and because I basically wanted a new SWAT4. I play one round the game crashes. I reload, play another round and I’m stuck and loading into a MP match forever.

I’m glad you guys are having fun, I’m certainly not and would refund in a blink of an eye if I could.

My criticisms are rough, I get that, but I feel thoroughly fucked by this release and disappointed that I’m actually still not old enough to not bite on faulty games.

At what age does that happen? Because I’m 48 and whatever you’re describing still hasn’t kicked in. :)

Sorry to hear your having some sort of compatibility issue. I presume you’ve done the usual updated drivers routine? And you’ve tried cranking down the graphics?

-Tom

Yeah, 38 here. I’m already running everything on low to get the most responsiveness from the game. I mean, I ran FO4 fine with barely a problem except for the synth base where the fps tanked.

A few hours ago I got a 6-0 score but my real problem with the game is that it didn’t feel as if I deserved it. I didn’t feel I had a “quicker draw” than those guys. I feel like I know what I have to do but the game engine is so sluggish it won’t let me. I have to cleanse myself and fire up something like
Black Ops II to confirm that I still have any resemblance of twitch skills left.

This game has a multitude of problems, it’s ambitious and I want what it’s selling but it’s just not there yet. Even if the bugs were fixed.

Guys, 3 matches in a row I get team killed. I do nothing about the first two because they could have been accidents.

The third is a clear deliberate team kill for no obvious reason, I respawn the next round and kill him and get immediately kicked by the game. So this is a “turn the other cheek, get bumfucked and like it” kinda game or you’ll get randomly kicked or something, we dunno.

I’m telling you people they shat themselves so hard with this. It’s all over the place and I can safely say the any one of us could do better directing this hot turd.