Random thought thread!

My condolences, Rich.

I also felt sadness and relief after my dad died from cancer.

My condolences as well, Rich.

So sorry, Rich.

What an ordeal. Iā€™m sorry for your loss, Rich.

Sorry for your loss, Rich.

I am sorry for your pain, but having gone through that with my father 5 years ago I think there is a time when it is better that they pass on. Sure there is sadness in it, but yea, there is also the relief.

Dwight ā€œDEEZ NUTSā€ Eisenhower.

Want to know another one of those little annoyances in life? When you have a cold, get a sore throat, and go and get your packet of Halls from the closet left over from your last cold. Looking forward to that bit of relief, but the stupid wax paper is welded to the candy and impossible to separate.

Daily ingestion of small quantities of wax paper has been scientifically proven to promote regularity.

Wasnā€™t that Lyndon Johnson?

Condolences, Rich. Sorry I havenā€™t checked this thread recently, so Iā€™m very late.
I hope everything from this point forward works out better than it has.

Thanks.

So more fun. The sale of my motherā€™s house was Friday. I ask brother when the money will be disbursed. I am told that ML, who he works for, are dragging their feet. They need to send the total amount of a line of credit mom took out based on the house. It is about $35,000. I was told that on Thursday,when I signed papers, all ML has to do is send the amount to the trust. This will then be taken out of the final sale price. Still hasnā€™t happened according to brother. Meanwhile closing went through. New owners are moved into house. How the fuck is this possible? Why are they in the house if the money hasnā€™t changed hands? What the fuck? Doesnā€™t ML know how much she owed? Why was the deal closed?

Something is very wrong.

Youā€™re getting fucked. Trust no one. I apologize for the bluntness, but thatā€™s very, very not right.

Yeah thatā€™s my feeling as well. I sent the above to my brother and the realtor as well. I guess itā€™s a tossup as to who will have excuses first tomorrow. If I donā€™t see a cashiers check in a day or two Iā€™ll call my lawyer in. This is indeed bullshit. Not to mention that I need about $1000 for the insurance and another $400 for my HOA dues. Iā€™m literally walking the razorā€™s edge here. I donā€™t care anymore. If I get shit from either I will call ML as a party to the trust and insist on a full reckoning. No doubt they will need proof of who I am. Iā€™ll ask my brother for the account number. Then he either tells me what it is or gets fucked when I call his boss for information. I do not want to get him fired. The ball will then be in his court.

Ultimately as a partner in the trust I should have full access to all paperwork I might just have to make a big deal about it. Havenā€™t seen shit. Time to get off my ass and get all the paperwork.

The definition of closing is that the money changes hands. The new owners are allowed and should be in there.

What a funny coincidence, woke up to a message from my brother that itā€™s a done deal. Will you pick up the check or should I UPS it? HAHAHAHAHA! And let it get lost in transfer? Iā€™ll pick it up.

I cannot wait until this whole situation is a miserable memory.

/thumbs-up

Glad to hear, Rich.

Letā€™s talk pumpkin spice. Pumpkin spice has nothing to do with the flavor of pumpkin. Itā€™s all about the spice. The correct combination is cinnamon, nutmeg, ground dried ginger and ground cloves. There is no pumpkin involved. It is a combination of seasonings used in pumpkin pie, mulled wine and various savory and sweet foods. Depending on the era that itā€™s used, it can be incredibly strong to hide the flavor of bad meat. Or used in a dessert to improve the flavor of bland things. Like a pie made with a gourd that has no flavor itself. So a pumpkin spice latte is watery coffee with the above ingredients. Itā€™s really like salt on a shitty piece of fish. You wouldnā€™t call it fish seasoning, would you? Itā€™s just a way of adding flavor to a flavorless piece of crap.