Random thought thread!

Culver’s burgers are on par with Frisch’s (Big Boy) or Steak’N’Shake, but those frozen custard concretes…good lord. A chocolate concrete with Reese’s Cup mixer is like ambrosia on a warm Saturday afternoon. On the other hand, nobody beats Ted Drewes for frozen custard. Sadly only St. Louis natives can partake. My daughter’s soccer team has had a travel tournament in St. Louis for three years running now, and the highlight of the trip for everyone is always the stop at Ted Drewes.

I do love me a Five Guys burger with BBQ sauce. It’s like a backyard grill burger.

We have a new chicken chain that just moved to our area, Raising Cane’s? People have been raving about it, and I love a good chicken sandwich or chicken fingers platter…maybe this weekend I need to check it out.

They don’t show up in Illinois until you get to Kankakee or further south. Once you get into the far flung exurbs of Chicago they are ice cream only.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

I think it’s in the “Things that Aren’t Really Food” thread, but there’s some lengthy discussion of Canes. And by that, I mean there’s multiple times when I jump into the thread, screaming praises of RC’s glory.

When I was a camp counselor, one of the kids in my group was from STL. All camp long, he bragged about how good Ted Drewes was and said that his dad would send him some packed in dry ice before the end of camp, and that he’d share it with anyone who was nice to him (the kid was a little bit of a shit, and by “little bit of,” I mean “complete”).

Well, pickup day came, and the frozen custard never did. To think, I even went out of my way to be nice to the kid. . . lying little bastard! :)

Man, those Blizzards really have gotten to you. Knocked out the humor center of the brain, apparently. :)

Tragically, I was born without one. Any “jokes” you’ve seen me make were entirely accidental, and actually, laughing at them is more or less just mocking my disability. You pack of bastards.

The Sonic closest to me (not really close, but along one of my frequent weekend road trip routes) just closed. :(

Their burgers are nothing, but I’ll miss the tots and limeades.

Speaking of DQ, it’s pumpkin season, so their pumpkin pie blizzards are back. I’m pretty sure they literally dump a can of pumpkin pie filling in to a vanilla Blizzard (with cookie “crust” pieces blended in), and it’s great.

There’s some season where they do a similar thing with a banana cream pie Blizzard. That’s also great.

Love their tater tots, onion rings and their drinks, everything else is kind of… just okay.

A local I wish we had here in Michigan. I grew up in Oklahoma, and Braum’s down there is awesome for dairy products, and their burgers aren’t bad either.

And mmmmm, Sonic tater tots! They make a killer sour cherry limeade too, but you usually have to explain to them how to make it.

We have a Sonic around the corner from us. I don’t remember ever eating there but my daughter loves going there for the hot dogs and drinks.

Sonic hotdogs are pretty decent. OTOH you have to really work to fuck up a hotdog. Probably by microwaving it.

I play in a charity golf tournament at a local country club every year. Part of the deal is we get to order lunch at the turn. I always order the grilled, split large hot dog on the grilled bun. Best damn hot dog I have ever had. Perfect with a nice cold adult beverage on a day that normally hit somewhere north of 100 degrees.

Do you think that people that do body hair wax removal are more likely to enjoy inflicting pain on others?

Up here in Northern Virginia, we are apparently just on the cusp of Sonic territory. My daughter is constantly exasperated by the fact that we always see commercials for Sonic but the closest one is about an hour and a half away.

Being half way between LA and SF we get ads for places that aren’t here. My youngest daughter is dying to visit a “Crab Shack”. We don’t have one here but we get their ads all the time.

Same here in Cleveland. The closest one I know of is like 90 mins away.

Huh, apparently there are 3 different ones, each half an hour away from me. Never knew that, thought they were all further west/ south.

They were definitely a thing when I was in Indiana though.

Every time I get back into racing games and take video, I forget that MP3 audio compression is terrible at handling simulated engine noise. The compression artifacts are killing me… and I got rid of the uncompressed source before I remembered.

There is one a stone’s throw west of Winchester on Route 7, right as you hit the 81 intersection. That’s the closest one to me.

Culvers Butterburgers are pretty great.

I got an email from the manager saying I could get a free large fries.

if I show this email to the manager that is working at the time.

“Hey, I am the guy that got you yelled at by your boss, give me free fries and don’t spit on them”

Yeah… that ain’t happening.

When I first read this I thought you wrote “three large fries” and I wondered how large they would have to be to make it worthwhile.