Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Now you're thinking with rifts

That SATA SSD did pretty well.

yeah, 1 more second in loads, who cares.

There’s so many variables with this game it’s hard to isolate any one thing. Even in the Digital Foundry video the high end PC version wasn’t getting full resolution textures like the PS5. I think that might be a load bias issue with DLSS that doesn’t occur if you play in native resolution (and maybe using other upscaling options?).

The game also has various fallbacks, like using a RAM cache on slower storage systems, so if you have a PC with tons of RAM you’ll be impacted less. If it’s RAM starved does it scale back asset quality seamlessly as well? How does using GPU decompression impact framerate?

Doesn’t seem to be much of a seller on Steam. Currently at number 42 globally. I think I remember the PC Dad of War and Last of Us doing better. Or maybe that’s just because those are the ones I bought :)

Personally haven’t picked up any of them yet. I don’t have an issue with Sony releasing on their console first and later porting to PC - but I’m sure not paying full price when they do. I am interested at some point… though that may happen on PS5 instead.

Same here. It’s a weird situation, where these games are so heavily discounted by now on Playstation, but full price on PC. And depending on circumstances, I might end up eventually getting a PS5 maybe? So that leaves the decision on this in limbo.

Also, I still have a large PS4 exclusive backlog, so I should get to that first.

Also, also, Tom says this game isn’t close to as good as Crack in Time, so I’m not sure I want to play it in the first place. A Crack in Time was so good, but the recent R&C reboot, IMHO, was really boring in comparison. One of the worst wastes of my precious gaming time. I shouldn’t have kept going and finished when it was clear I wasn’t having a good time.