rave.dj: AI powered song mashups

German robots, French robots, it’s Alsatian androids.

Kraftwerk’s “The Robots” + Daft Punk’s “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” =

I like the structure that the cymbals add to the original.

Edited to add: Then I wanted to see if those German robots started grieving for their lost therapist (and noted a similar pattern in synthesizers) so The Robots got mashed up with LCD Soundsystem’s “Someone Great”, and I thought that result was pretty interesting too.

I think this might be my peak millenial-weeb creation, mashing up a semi obscure anime OP with a semi obscure late 90s one hit wonder.

Basically, I was listening to the Oishi song and thought "this bit sounds a bit like You’re an Ocean ", and the end result doesn’t mesh exactly, but you also can’t necessarily tell which bit comes from which song.

Here’s a Mullet Eagle flying an F-16 saluting its Tomahawk missile right at the Red, White, and Blue.

Danger Zone plus American Woman equals Guess Who? Highway To The American Woman.

Duran Duran’s Girls on Film crossed with The Suburbs’ Music for Boys yields, perhaps, Film Music for Boys and Girls. There’s early '80s innuendo and danger suggested, perhaps at a camp nestled near one of ten thousand lakes. That bass line never quits!

Good for prepping for a road trip:

Holiday + Holiday
Madonna + Vampire Weekend

I kind of broke the mixer algorithm. The two songs I picked aren’t too dissimilar. I’d hoped that similar saxophone lines, similar tempos, similar song lengths, and similar eras would yield the ultimate blend of sophisti-pop and yacht rock, a song to sip raspberry wine coolers to while piloting your thirty-two foot sailboat past a rather exclusive quay.

But while Darryl Hall & John Oates’ Maneater and Sade’s Smooth Operator catchily blended into the title “Hall & Oates & Sade - Smooth Maneater”, the way the singers sang couldn’t be reckoned. Sade’s coos and drones, drawing out “Smoooooth operatorrrrr”, and to match beats, the Rave AI thought that the best course of action was to double or triple H&O’s tempo.