rave.dj: AI powered song mashups

I like this one too, a thin line between love and hate. Donna Summer’s I Feel Love and Rammstein’s Du Hast. You can really feel the influences of disco show up in its industrial children.

This was an okay mashup, two bubblegum pop songs from different decades that feature too much sourness to be overly saccharine. Although sometimes, like many of these, it sounds like two radios tuned to different stations.

The Monkees “Pleasant Valley Sunday” and the Sundays “Here’s Where The Story Ends”.

The Shins’ “New Slang” plus Paul Mauriat’s “Love Is Blue” yielded Love Is New:

Smooth Criminal + Rivers in the Desert (from Persona 5).

They’re similar enough musically and thematically that it sems likely that Smooth Criminal was a musical reference for parts of the P5 Soundtrack.
Also, I realized that for most game / anime songs, I can just search for an AMV instead of a basic video and will probably get something slightly more visually interesting for it to mashup.

I often confuse these songs and now I have fused these songs.

Garden of Consent by New Ordery Order & The Banshees

This one turned out okay. Has moments that fit great, then at others kind of falls apart.

This Neon Trees song came on in the car, and my wife noted: “that descending note sequence always reminds me of something…”

Also, dance music is easy mode, but the swallowed “mm-yeah” sections of Mr Saxobeat always struck me as sounding kind of like Korean. Apparently, somebody else agreed, because this rendered immediately, meaning somebody has done it before.

The website sure resembles its namesake, ugh.

Set up a combo but seems to take a very long time to be processed. Heh.

It’s time to go to sleep
Let’s watch some TV first
Okay, 3-2-1
Here’s Johnny

It’s like two big bands having a big brawl with their big brass instruments.

I sort of love this.

I’m still holding out hope that Portishead will eventually release a 4th album. Until then, they have a couple of songs that shared titles with other artists’ songs, and darn if they didn’t mix together pretty well:

Portishead’s and the Platters’ Only You

Portishead’s and (Jimi Hendrix and the) Band of Gypsys’ Machine Gun

Portishead’s and U2’s Numb

I tried changing the order around for the same two songs and wound up preferring one quite a bit more than the other. I wonder how the algorithm decides to mix these up.

Len’s Steal My Sunshine mixed with Buffalo Springfield’s For What It’s Worth.

vs.

Is there a more “late 90s” image than that Len album cover? I submit that there is not.

I sometimes wonder about this fellow:

Did he get that Unix admin gig and mostly spends time with his grandchildren now? Did he lose big on .com stock and had to get a job washing dishes in the Windows on the World, Manhattan? How many nights did he camp out for Phantom Menace tickets?

Speaking of mid to late '90s songs, this one came out pretty well.

In honor of the late Star Trek TOS composer Gerald Fried, here’s some bow ships off the port bow bow music.

I tried mixing a cover of a song with the original. Mixed results.

A sample of the Isley Brothers “Footsteps in the Dark” mixed with a sample of Stevie Wonder’s “Pastime Paradise” not to mention Cube and Coolio rapping about their tough/good days sprinkled on top with Weird Al punching down on the Amish made for a pretty smooth blend.

99 Red Balloons times 96 Tears yields 9,504 Nena? And The Mysterians

I thought it mixed pretty well except when the lyricses got in each other’s way.

In honor of two obituaries:

Richard Roundtree, who as Shaft had his unforgettable theme song, as created by Isaac Hayes, who died of pancreatic cancer:

and Angelo Bruschini, touring guitarist and Mezzanine contributor for Massive Attack, who died of lung cancer:

Fuck cancer. Here’s Shaft’s Big Angel.

It’s suitable for either kidnapping a president’s daughter or rescuing a kidnapped mobster’s daughter.