Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Is there any gameplay difference between the two? Like different probabilities of interdiction?

Not much of a difference that I can tell. In autopilot, if partway through your destination you have a distress call nearby, they plop you down over there, and you can follow the distress call or hit autopilot again. In Subspace, you see the distress call as you’re traveling and can cancel out of subspace yourself or keep going. If you do run into hostiles in either mode, you’re kicked out. So I don’t think there’s much of a gameplay difference in that way.

Just wanted to pop back in and say that I gave the original RG another try, and this time there were no hostiles at the first base and things seem to be progressing fine. Some weird fluke the first time, I guess!

The first game is randomly generated afaik hence such things can happen.

Undocked, blown the FUCK up the second I got out, my savefile is me dying instantly almost…
Not great…

Tried a few more times, the autotracker is shit, and doesn’t follow properly, mouse steering is shit, and I can’t control it well.

I last max 3-4 mins if I weave a lot, but its just missile upon missile…
I can’t see whats going on inside the cockpit, its just too crowded, and the message/log/enemy ship status is flickering all the time, I can’t SEE whats going on with what I’m shooting at either.

Nostalgia shouldn’t get in the way of good gamedesign imho.

Wow, aren’t you a bundle of fun?

Counter points - Auto Tracker is awesome and works great. Mouse steering is shit, why do people keep insisting on using mouse/keyboard for a freaking space flight sim? Use a gamepad, it works wonderfully.

It sounds like you might just need some practice with the game, but also you can play in third-person view if you can’t tell what’s happening outside of the cock pit. Additionally, there is a targeting mode you can access from the circle menu that will let you pause the action and see who is where, and from here you can target and autotrack.

Also keep in mind that a more user friendly tracking computer is something you have to buy once you can afford it.

I’m not sure why you’re encountering hostiles right after taking off. Are you still near the start of the game? Have you taken on missions, and this is one of those missions that you’re encountering? Or is it just random chance that you’ve got an ambush waiting for you after takeoff?

There are potentially two of the easiest pirates spawned around the starting planet. But there are also like 5 cops who will make short work of them.

Big mouse update yesterday which seems to have resolved most people’s wants. So far.

Sorry, I meant “in general for flight sims”. EDIT: Now I’m not on a call I can elaborate further - I am sure many folks appreciate the effort developers put into allowing keyboard/mouse work for games that simulate cockpit flight or third person action, including games such as The Witcher 3. But some games just work a lot better with controllers/gamepads. Complaining in a game like this that the mouse controls “like shit” is like complaining about how hard it is to remove a Philips head screw with a Flathead screwdriver.

…of which you apparently know “shit” about?

Outlaw Galaxy Rebel is the most stable and polished effort I’ve seen in some time. Especially compared to No Man’s Sky. Or Anthem. Now that’s shit. How about not heaping hyperbolic abuse unless it’s deserved? (Like Anthem)

I hope the sales figures for this will turn out to be very good.

Has anybody been unable to buy RGO on EGS?

Friend’s getting:

Afterburner is left stick click by default, actually.

BTW, last night I won the pool game in Nacagdoches when it seemed I’d set up my appointment for an easy shot at the 8 ball. Maybe she hit the cue ball too hard and sunk it as well? Or maybe the game lets you win regardless?

Isn’t that what I was saying? What am I missing?

I think he just misread your exchange.

Sorry, didn’t read the second sentence of your post, only cicobuff’s reply. Thought he was thinking the right click was afterburner.

I “like” how web devs have seemingly entirely abrogated any responsibility to do any sort of error reporting to end users and have almost(?) universally defaulted to the “something went wrong” message which removes any and all ability to seek help from forums, etc.

Ah, gotcha, no worries.

Damn you all (and especially @BrianRubin), I broke down and bought this on the Epic Games store. I also snatched up Mutant Year Zero, since it was free. (If I end up loving RGO as much as the other games by Mr Baldree, I’ll end up buying it again on GOG.com, too, when it comes out a year from now.)

I’ve been Sweeney’ed!

After many more battles, in a fairly max-kitted out Coyote, I stand by my earlier statements that some battles just aren’t balanced well. I can roll through many, and then suddenly I get into 1 fight that hands my ass to me before I even know what happened. Since there are no skills to train, or things like that, I can only assume that I just don’t know how to handle these fights. The are coded as white or blue, meaning even level, or lower level. However they just tear my ship up in seconds.

I’ve tried moving all power to shields, and even brought an NPC with me to 2 of these. I still get toasted. It’s very frustrating.