Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Ahh it’s one of the “secret ones”. Gotcha. My one quibble and it’s actually a point. I love this game Travis and I hope the haters don’t get you down. Because this is game of the year, so keep on keeping on.

You can go to the y button clock screen and choose targeting at 12:00 and highlight the new time there to get to it.

If you’re exactly neutral are you able to land at pirate bases?

Tractor beam prioritizes whatever is targeted as well as far as I can tell.
So if you cycle through targets to the thing you want to pick up you can usually grab it if you’re in range.

Nope. Only if you are pirate friendly.

I finally upgraded to a Sonora, from the Platypus!

I’ve got a tracer and a mass driver, what’s a good choice for the third hardpoint?

Proton cannon with two auto-cannons.

I have a level 2 power plant and use dual 2 gauss guns. My third “gun” is my mining gun.

I also have a tracer turret, but I do not know how to link that up with the gauss guns. I can select all guns, but that includes my mining laser, which sucks the juice.

Turrets don’t draw from your power - they have their own, and fire on their own unless you are manning them, as soon as something is in their range of fire.

Oh. That is good to know. Then Ill buy the longest range and highest damage ones I can get. Will a mining laser turret automatically mine for me then? Just fly near an asteroid and collect the stuff as it pops out?

Awesome! You’ve convinced me to give it a go. The Coyote hasn’t been the beast I’d hope it would be.

It won’t - you’ve got to actually man it for that :) It will shoot at enemies, but it won’t auto-mine.

Where can I buy fucking components?

This is one of those times where not being able to look at systems is killing my enjoyment. I’m just wandering aimlessly like an idiot hoping someplace sells them and no place seems to. They almost never drop from traders or pirates. I’ve gotten ONE in like an hour and it was pure luck. I need 4 of the stupid things and even though I’ve been almost everywhere I can’t check if anyplace sells them.

Medicine Hat, Missouri, Louisiana.

4 autocannons and 2 proton is the best loadout I’ve tried. It’s just that outside of combat missions alone it has too little cargo capacity to do anything else.

Reload, splat, reload splat. Did one mission, did the mistake of doing a second…splat…
All progress lost …
Seriously, I bet this game is hard as fuck to begin with but once you get some upgrades it probably becomes quite easy…
Well, that’s not good game design…

Dude, land once in a while.

IMO it’s the best loadout period. The mix of auto-cannon and proton cannon is sublime.

According to the internet it just gets even harder even with upgrades. Except for the people who say it’s a cakewalk after you get them. But that’s because they found it so easy to make money. Except for the people who say it’s impossible to get any money and you have to grind forever. Unless it’s the people who say the opposite.
I think we can all agree though that it’s just terrible design.