Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

So what you’re saying is that you want more crickets in the game.
On it!

DAMMIT SCHUREM.

Space crickets!

Yup that too.

So how are things T? It’s been so quiet here, all this thread had were chirpin’s.

Workin’, workin’, workin’! :) heads down and slamming in stuff.

No time off for seasonal festivities?

Oh, no I’m totally taking some Christmas break in a few weeks. I’ve been doing this too long to kill myself over it anymore.

Now banned from Tumblr.

Spaceships are simply too sexy.

Cool beans. I think I can safely speak for all of us fans when I say that while we’re eager for it, it’s not like any of us needs it or anything ;)

Speak for yourself.

Seriously, that Xbox version isn’t going to port itself!

Hey! No doxxing!

Thank goodness. Developers that come up for air make better games.

I wonder if Star Citizen will sell JPGs of those.

Mp3 files.

Only $100 for the basic version. However, if you want the true Star Citizen experience, $1000 will get you a space cricket carrier.

@tbaldree, is it true that there’s a mechanic in the game where you can never completely repair ship components and they continually degrade, forcing you to replace them once they degrade to the point they can no longer be repaired? That sounds like it could be annoying. If it’s true, how fast do they degrade? Is this intended to be a money sink for the game?

They degrade based on damage. They have a fragility that increases the more times you have to repair them.
If the components never receive damage, they do not degrade (i.e. they don’t degrade with use).
It’s pretty slow, and it’s not a frequent occurrence - it’s not so much intended as a money sink, as to provide those occasional moments where you get into a hairy firefight and one of your guns blows off and you make it out by the skin of your teeth. The repairs are the money sink. The destruction is for ‘oh shit’ moments.