Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

I should also say that every time you repair them, regardless of their current fragility, they operate at 100% efficiency - they don’t work crappier the more times they’ve been repaired.

Ah, okay, that’s doesn’t sound too bad. I assume there’s a way to see how degraded they are so if you’re worried about one breaking in your next fight, you can see that and replace it?

There isn’t really a way to see honestly, but that’s just because it hasn’t felt like it was needed. It’s mostly just for the general vibe of ‘boy I’m in lots of nasty fights and getting the crap kicked out of me a lot, and sometimes stuff just goes south because I play edgy’. A conservative player would rarely ever have it happen - it’s not something I want people to obsess over. It’s just a tool for providing a certain kind of combat moment on my end.

It would be kind of cool to get a general sense of it from a visual inspection of your ship at the dock. Pilots always like to inspect their planes before they fly just for that reason. If something looks like it might be banged up, might want to have a mechanic look at it before you take off. That said, while pretty cool, I’d think that would be resource intensive to add something like that (a visual appearance of damage on degraded components).

Well, if damage is shown on components, it could perhaps leave a visual “scar” of some kind when the component is repaired.

Mostly it’d just be real hard to SEE - tough to get close enough for it to read in any reasonable way, especially when some of the guns get mounted inside housings. Anyhoo. :)

Perhaps sell him a $250 ultrasonic inspection package; play the minigame of inspecting every single square inch of spacecraft structure for hairline fractures :P

Crossposting from the Epic Games Store thread:

So I am guessing a lot of us will be using the Epic Games Store for the first time next year!

It was great to see Outlaw on the game awards last night. It was neat seeing a space sim on the big TV.

Not me. I’m not buying anything from Epic so I guess Travis just lost a sale. If it ever comes to GOG or Steam, then I’ll get it.

It’ll eventually come to other spots. (well, and consoles aren’t tied up in this)

Sure don’t mean to make it sound horrific - just want it to be clear it’s separate :)

Epic store has no storewide DRM. I downloaded Ashen, uninstalled the store as a test, and am playing Ashen. As long as you’re not talking online services/exploit prevention (which I imagine will require the launcher running for those services), or whatever, it’s much closer to GoG.

I can’t really give you the ins and outs of the update process, not having been through it (and I imagine it’ll evolve a lot), but the launcher can choose to auto-update individual games from what I can tell.

GoG case is more the exception than the norm on this. GoG Galaxy client is optional, you can download the game and the patches manually for their site. That means they have to handle the galaxy version of the update and the standalone installer, I think that’s why GoG always come late.

Not always; No Man’s Sky’s ‘NEXT’ update was delayed on GoG because it relied on Steam multiplayer infrastructure that GoG had no equivalent for. :)

Are you saying you haven’t bought Hades yet? You monster!

This is me. I’ll still buy Outlaw again when it comes out on Xbox, but until then, I want it in my hands as soon as possible, so Epic Store it is!

Experience with Epic store and fortnite is that they sold the product with one “exploit prevention” tech (which was kinda shit…) then decided to up the ante and added a second, much more intrusive, “exploit prevetion” tech rendering the game unplayable on my system (Where I decide what software can or can not do with other processes).

But, there’s always GOG at some point :)

DRM is elective - there isn’t any by default, and we don’t need exploit prevention because we’re not online. So it’ll basically just be the game, raw.

Sounds good.

Always nice to avoid situations where (evil) corp opts for an intrusive add on tech to (try to) prevent single-player modifications - just so they can sell their own “single player boosts” by making it harder for hard-working trainer-makers to get their software to work, without having to first defeat said “anti tech”. But good knowledge building at least.