Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Our game is moddable, so we expect it to get torn to pieces anyway. We don’t want to prevent modifications :)

When is this coming out? I tried throwing money at the screen but it didn’t work.

Exactly why it needs to be on Steam asap, for sweet workshop mods that I can install with 1 click. :)

The Q and A…

https://rebel-galaxy.com/rebel-galaxy-outlaw-launching-on-epic-games-store-qa/

Holy Shitzbonerz, 12 month wait for STEAM / GOG release. D:

Hence why I won’t be joining the party for at least 12 months :-/

While I understand and admire Travis’ reasons for the exclusive, Steam is much than just a storefront (or DRM).

Yeah you aren’t alone , seems there is already a 6+ page thread on the Steam community forums regarding the timed exclusivity decision. As you can imagine its filled with level headed responses and friendly commentary toward one another posting. :P

https://steamcommunity.com/app/290300/discussions/0/1744479698798885770/

I’m only interested in GOG at this point. So a year later for me as well, then. :-/

Incredible how much more appealing the game instantly feels because it’s not on a 2d plane.

Re: exclusivity and 12 month waits.
Everybody’s gotta do what they gotta do :) I respect people’s decisions whatever way they decide to go. Still planning to be around a year later :) it’s not like anybody has a backlog of good games or anything…

I’m sure you have your reasons and that the wait (in my case) will be worth it!

What I’m wondering is why nobody tries to really embrace the concept of a digital world and issue keys that you can redeem on whatever store front you want. I mean EA (of all companies) does this by unlocking EA games purchased on Steam automatically on Origin. (Or at least, it does so for a bunch of newish games.) Ubisoft is the absolute worst for requiring Uplay even if you buy a game directly on Steam and then also requiring Steam to be able to play the bloody game!

Of course, I do know the answer: it’s more profitable to sell the same game multiple times over to people crazy enough to buy them on different store fronts (hello, all the games I originally bought on Steam and then bought again on GOG). At least GOG sometimes allows you to import a few games from your Steam account to your GOG account, which is better than nothing.

Sorry for the rant.

I think I’ll be playing Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey well into the new year. :-)

While I admit to doing this a few times when something was super-cheap on a Steam sale, I suspect it’s not so much this as it is shunting customers to more profitable and/or publisher-friendly platforms.

PC release is expected before PS4 and Switch? I can’t remember.

Imagine a perfect world where the customer could buy it from any store on day 1.

LIKE MAGIC

Well, there’s a lot of weird complications. Like propagating refunds across multiple stores - you don’t own it here, but do you not own it HERE on this one? And the fact that it’s not really the same product from store to store because everybody’s got their own proprietary cloud saves and achievements and whatever. And then there’s just the technical work of sharing that purchase information between 'em all.
I mean, if somebody pulls it off and makes it really work, cool! :)

Yeah. I can pretty much guarantee that Switch will not be simul-launch. I WANTED to do PS4 simul-launch but I don’t know if I have enough energy and time to make that happen. It’s hard.

EA has not released a game on Steam in over five years. I’m not sure they’re a great example of what you’re asking for.

Not talking about recent games, but older ones. And yeah, there’s no great examples because no one is doing it. I realize the logistical and technical challenges are many, but in an ideal world, you’d buy a key to a game and could then redeem it on the store front of your choice. GOG is probably the closest to that ideal, at least with the GOG connect thing.

You did originally say “newish games” :)

Yeah, well, “newish” for me is anything in the last ten years. :-P

Rocking, cant wait to buy this on the new Epic Store. Grats!