Recommend 4x Game for my...cough macbook pro

I was looking at Stellaris for my xbox but was told to steer clear. Not having a pc I’m very limited in what I can play.
I have a 2015 macbook pro and I’m looking for a good 4x space game that will play on it. Any suggestions?

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

How old are you willing to go? AFAIK, both Master of Orion games will work on a Mac.

Spaceward Ho!

You beat me to it!

I love me some moo but that’s a little old

MOO2 holds up really well.

Civ 6?
EU4?

I’m not a Mac guy but am reading a few reviews now of “best” Mac strat games.

I was expecting a DROX push from you, although that is probably not what Shieldwolf is looking for ;)

I have the same specs, and anything mildly 3D is a no-go if computer’s life expectancy is a concern.

Even most mild stuff (like the odd Space Tyrant) will perform very poorly without a dedicated GPU.

Armageddon Empires isn’t quite space, but it.s got so much flavour, and runs manificiently through Wine.

That’s an ARPG with a 4X wrapper. As much as I love it, it’s not what he asked for.

Fine, Imperium Galactica II works on a Mac. Boom. Done.

I mean I have an original gem Surface Pro I play EU IV on extensively so… yeah. That.

Haven’t played this so I’ll look into it. I’ll still end up playing Moo and Moo2 because they really are that good.

Wait a second. They remade Moo 1 in 2016 (yes It’s been a while since I had a pc)? I vaguely remember that. Well then I’ll definitely grab that.

What about the original XCOM?

XCOM is many things, but space-based 4X isn’t one of them. It’s more of a rogue-like.

Truedat. But it’s fun and would run on a potato.

I’ll run your potato.

I have xcom and it did run well. it also blew out my video card. I think the card was defective in xcom’s defense.

Meh, it’s alright. I like to call it “Baby’s First 4X” because it’s so…basic…

ugh. not selling me Brian.

I’m not trying to. NeuMOO is pretty boring. Imperium Galactica II is what you want.