Recommend Me a PC Game Please

I hope you’re going to have a final poll to select which genre to start with…

Then you should buy Alien Shooter TD.

:)

Well, anyway, Kentucky Route Zero is more about its surreal aesthetic experience than any real gameplay. It moves slowly, shows you some beautiful and strange things, switches perspectives, and feels like a dream more than a conventional story. If that sounds cool, you should definitely try it, although only 4 of the 5 chapters have been released! (Part 5 coming sometime this year.)

I was going to ask if Kentucky Route Zero was even complete yet. I’ve been holding off on playing until it is.

First, thanks for voting and making comments - I appreciate it.

Man I have a lot of hours of gaming with this first group of games! I mean…that’s a good thing, but these games are just the tip of the iceburg. There are more in the queue after I get through these. There should be a ton of good stuff in this batch with more to follow.

The votes definitely shuffled my order of attack, but there were some I went against the vote because I either felt strongly about a game or I wanted to do a shorter one first.

For action / arcade games, I’m going to start with Sky Force Reloaded on PC and Tetris Effect on the PS4.

OK, Subnautica is the first 1st person game I will tackle. I’m not sure if it is my type of game or not. I don’t know a ton about it other than it has under water exploration and base building. I’m not usually into base building, but we will see.

For 3rd person games, I’m going to lead with Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice just because it is short (and hopefully good), and then move on to Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Same logic for platformers, lead with Waking Mars due to length and then move to Spelunky. I have tinkered with Spelunky, but I never really made an attempt to really understand and progress.

SOMA first for adventure game.

For puzzle game, FRAMED Collection because it is short and then Toki Tori 2.

For Racing / Driving, Trackmania Valley.

For action RPG Kingdom Come Deliverance, followed by ME Andromeda.

For tactical RPG, Divinity Original Sin 2.

For 4X, Aggressors: Ancient Rome

For boardgame, Carcassonne

For builder, Frostpunk, then Factorio.

For real time, Offworld Trading Company: Gold.

For traditional RTS, Northgard.

For Tower Defense, Space Run Galaxy.

For Turn Based, Guild of Dungeoneering

For turn-based tactical, Mechanicus then Battletech (I put TW Warhammer 2 back in real time where it belonged). I just feel Mechanicus will be more my thing and it is shorter.

Started that Friday night and finished this afternoon, so it’s definitely short - is ballpark itsnin the 6 to 8 hour range. Pretty good, certainly interesting. I’ll probably post more in its own thread. I think there’s one.