Recommend me a wallet

Another Big Skinny fan here. I’m on my second one, as the first one started to fray a little on the center fold.

I have turned on about 4 or 5 friends to Big Skinny. Great wallets, and thin can’t be beat.

Wow, that stuff is very Hobbit-y, isn’t it?

Yep, I got the bi-fold version about two years ago after it appeared in an earlier Qt3 wallet thread. (For shame, fire, this forum’s supposed to be all about thread necomancy, not birthin’ new thread babbies.)

My Big Skinny’s holding up great after all that time, and is a nice change as I literally had a Costanza wallet before.

http://www.dynomighty.com/product_detail.php?Dot-Matrix-Pi-Mighty-Wallet®&d=mighty-wallets+DY-401

I really like the idea, but it seems like it would be a pain to answer your phone.

Only if they are celtic hobbits…

-CJ

I just moved from a ragged bifold to a front pocket Dopp Regatta 88. So far, I’m diggin’ it. Really forced me to cull all the wallet spam and distill everything down to the absolutely essential.

Sorry, I missed your earlier question. I have the nylon one, and I love it for its sleekness. It feels strangely good sliding out of my pocket. I’ve been using it for almost 2 years and the rubberized coating seems to be holding up well. I have yet to see a card slide free without my having pulled, even with holding it upside-down.

Great, thanks for the additional impressions. I should be receiving mine today or tomorrow.

So I received my Big Skinny yesterday. First impression: boy, does this thing have a potent chemical smell right out of the minimal packaging! I’m going to air it out for a few days before transplanting my current wallet junk into there.

The All-Ett Sport wallet has been excellent. Thanks!

321160 for 10% off All-Ett.com

I’m expecting one to be delivered any day now. Is yours leather?

The Costco near me has a pretty thin leather bifold by Michael Kors for $9.99 (identical including packaging to this one on Amazon). I couldn’t pass it up as I’ve been wanting to replace my 8 year old Fossil monstrosity for a while now. It’s easily a third the thickness of my old one.

I got the nylon for max lightness and thinness.

So does anyone here use a wallet with a form factor like this?

I’m thinking it will hold lots of cards and will be well suited to this whole front pocket idea.

6 1/2" seems long for a front pocket.

I got a leather Big Skinny a couple of days ago and like it except that it doesn’t have staggered card pockets like my old wallet. I guess individual pockets would have added thickness, so I understand the choice, but it’s a little less usable for that reason.

I’ve had a couple of Dynomighty Mighty Wallets, I loved them. Nice and thin, strong, holds a ton of cards without ever feeling that thick. I’m constantly patting my back pocket because I think I’ve lost the thing.

And I love that they come in different prints now too.

I’m a huge fanboy of these guys:

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/160-new-accessories-page

My favorite is one that is full of money but I can’t ever seem them on sale!

Looks like there are some cool suggestions here. Did you find a good one yet? I could use a new one too.