Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Do you mean in comparison to your average sociopathic GTA protagonist? No, not that asshole-ish. Family guy who had done some questionable things in his past. Kinda like Bill Munny.

They kind of leave it up to you how to interact with the world. Some of the articles above really dive into that; how you act, both in the past and in the moment(gun drawn?) as well as your appearance influences NPC interaction with you greatly.

Well there you go. Sold!

This gets to the heart of why I was so uncomfortable with the first game. In the first and third acts, the character was sympathetic. He was forced into his circumstances, but he still tried to do right by all the people he could.

But in Act 2, he went to Mexico, where he would do despicable things for all sides involved. I think the point was to show that there were no good guys in Mexico at the time. But it just left me feeling icky because I was the tool of both sides wanting to do bad things, and I did them without raising any objections.

Luckily Act 3 was really good, so it washed out the bad taste in my mouth and left everyone who got there with a good impression of the game. It even let me exercise partial amnesia and selectively forget about Act 2.

What? Not sold!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FreshAmusedAnglerfish-size_restricted.gif

“Icky?”…hmmmm…

The way I played it worked for me. I started with the missions that one general had, and did all of those (except where I had to go rescue the rebel guy), then then did the rebels missions. That way, I could do the first set while roleplaying that all I cared about was getting my family back, and when I realized that wasn’t going to happen, I worked w/ the rebels to get a measure of revenge (and hopefully work towards getting my family back). The story doesn’t seem as ‘icky’ that way from a character standpoint.

Seems like there will be a lot more options in terms of delineating between you being a decent person and a total douche.

I’ve never understood that criticism of the Mexico segment. He went there in order to find Dutch, and was led to understand the general or whoever could lead him to Dutch. So he did whatever he had to in order to accomplish that goal. Which, mind you, he was coerced I to doing by the U.S. government in order to get his family back.

I would like to play as the Judge in Blood Meridian…I mean, not just in real life.

Yes. AND it is A Fistful of Dollars tribute (Yojimbo/Red Harvest plot sequence…working both sides).

Someone should do something with that. Heck, someone needs to finally make the damn film masterpiece that could be made with it, finally.

Oh, shit, this is actually a really cool idea. I may have to try this out.

Wow, that’s pretty hardcore. That’s a lot of extra money spent on voicework.

Oh man, that’s conflicting for me. I love mini-maps but I really like the idea of finding your way in-game with landmarks.

Will be the first thing I do when I buy this lol.

Yeah, exactly me, as well - I would never turn a mini-map off in a game like this, but the idea of getting directions and following them… man. I think I’ll start with the mini-map OFF and see how it goes, and just turn it back on if my real-life inability to follow direction or not get lost stop me from having fun. :)

Oh man, there are some other gems on that Twitter feed as well.

Any day now.

Yeah…not holding my breath, sadly.

The Coen Brothers should just go for it and do it.

EDIT: I was amongst those thrilled by Franco’s failure. I think the hitch (IIRC) is Tommy Lee Jones still owns the rights. Which is good. He’ll hold out for a quality adaptation.

I’d totally be down with turning off the mini map and getting landmark based directions. IF there was an easy way to recall those directions. This was my major beef with Breath of the Wild too. You’d get a hint on where to find the mission objective from an NPC but the hint was often not recorded in the quest log.