Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

I snagged this, it was only $9 and I’ll have it by Wednesday. I think I’ll watch them in the order they were released, and I’ll see if my son wants to check them out with me, he’s never seen either and isn’t super into Westerns, but then I wasn’t at his age either until I watched these two specific movies…

And Alain Delon!

Lee Marvin and Robert Ryan, starring Burt. GREAT film. @Jason_Levine -recommended.

Ooh la la!

I forget, do they attack the train in this one?

Unforgiven. One of my favorite movies. Got to see the gun and hat on the WB tour a few weeks ago!

I’m a sucker for Sergio Leone Westerns, particularly this classic:

I shared it out while you was typing! :)

I forget, does the train get attacked?

I just remember them getting off the train in the opening.

I mean the “Bad Guy Train”. The private train?

There’s a train robbery in Fast and Furious (the fourth F&F movie). Does that count?

I’d be curious to hear your take on Assassination of Jesse James.

Here is the movie thread. You can find my take on it near the end of the thread. To be fair, as you’ll see in the thread, perhaps I was not a good person to judge the movie even after watching it. It’s one of the only movies I’ve seen where I didn’t understand what the characters were saying despite them speaking English.

My take is:

The Long Riders is a fantastic film, and deserves classic Western status!

I never saw The Assassination of Jesse James, looked like it might be a bit slow-moving for my taste.

Fine I’ll add another… and this one definitely has some good train action in it :)

This is a largely unknown but great Western “Bottle Action-Mystery” on a train.

I don’t get it. Are you saying Assassination…etc. is a remake of The Long Riders, or is a better story of Jesse James or something?

I am saying I didn’t care for the sleepy-time Brad Pitt vehicle. And The Long Riders does a much better job of telling that historical story, and is a magnificent piece of film making.

A weird defacto film fact has evolved in my life:

Brad Pitt in Supporting Role, Great Film.

Brad Pitt in Starring Role, Sleepy-Time or Frustration-Time Film.

I’d probably go so far as to put TAoJJbtCRF in my top five favorite films, but if “slow-moving” is at all an impediment for you, you’re probably safe to give it a pass–or at least watch the trailer and be done.