Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Yeah, how do temporary horses work? Because mine has been hanging around for two days now, what does “temporary” even mean here? And how can I miss you if you won’t go away?

This is my favorite western, mostly because of how it casts Fonda. There were stories of people walking out of the theater after the big reveal. Jane said that her father never really liked the movie but that she likes to watch it frequently because of the intensity of her father’s performance.

I agree, the movie wouldn’t be nearly as interesting with anyone else as the villain. Henry Fonda was the best thing about that movie.

I am thinking of that as my movie club nomination for Nov. It’s one of the options I am mulling.

And just in case anyone was curious, RDR2 made $725 million in three days.

Did you click on JD’s link, forget how you got there and then come back and post the same link?.. Cause that totally sounds like something I would do.

Actually I didn’t even see his link. Hey, double your links, double your fun, that’s how it works right?

Edit: ok, how about instead have this link about how everyone keeps accidentally killing their horse?

That’s awesome, I’ve done that before. When I realize it I like to edit my post and think of something entirely else to say to make it seem like that’s what I was going to say the entire time!

LOL this one’s the best. But none of those horses died.

Another detail about the game I enjoy - when you quit the game and come back later, Arthur is usually in the middle of something. Last night when I loaded up, Arthur was napping against a barn - I waited quizzically for a few seconds, then nudged the controller and then Arthur snorted, stood up, brushed himself off and was ready to go. Kind of like how the characters of GTA 5, particularly Trevor, felt like they were doing stuff even when you weren’t playing.

“We are SCOOOOOOOTER brothers!”

Game developers should not dismiss this business triumph. It is good for all of us. Well played R*.

Dear lawmen please stop arriving so soon, I haven’t had time to loot all the bodies.

Thanks,

Arthur Morgan

For all of the realism in this game, the ability for someone to pin a body out in the middle of nowhere on me, when I am not even near it, putting a bounty on my head is a bit odd.

“Witness” investigating…

No problem, that was like 5 minutes ago and I am miles away.

Guess I am a wanted man, these witnesses have some crazy CSI skilz.

I’ve never seen the witness investigating thing actually result in a bounty if I’m outside the red zone.

I haven’t seen that either, any time I’ve committed a crime I’ve only ever gotten tagged when I’m sticking around (usually looting). I even once chased down a witness and that took care of that, which I thought was awesome.

So far the wanted/bounty system has honestly felt good to be, but I’m also trying to play honorably and I’m not doing any real casual robbery stuff, so I’m probably not getting a good sample of the system.

Was out wandering yesterday and found a cabin out in the middle of nowhere filled with bunks that had skeletons in the them. It appeared to be a death cult of some kind. No mission led me there, no explanation or journal that I could find to explain it, just a tableau and your imagination. I’m itching to get back to the game. But I suppose taking the kids out to trick-or-treat this evening is important too.

Yeah, I’ve had this happen too. Maybe you have to leave the state? I’ve also chased down witnesses and even interacted with the lawmen: “Who me? I just got here.” I know that you can avoid being investigated by hiding bodies, but what does that mean? I typically throw them in a near-by ditch and that’s seemed to work, but I wish I had a better handle on how the law works.

Think I found the same one.

I do find it a bit frustrating that outside of the clearly designated missions it’s more or less impossible to tell if something is just there in the environment or is actually part of a more involved “quest”. And there’s no way to mark places to return to them (seriously, why doesn’t every open world game have a map notes system by now?).

I agree, but to be fair, if you have a physical copy of the game, it has a map included with a lot of blank space on it…

Stop trying to make me jealous of your lame blank map. :)