Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

There’s two of them actually, though maybe that’s a special edition thing.

Yeah, upthread both of them were posted. The special edition map looks really nice, I’m genuinely jealous of that one.

In the not-special edition, there’s only one map. The back has New Austin on it and the front has everywhere else.

Speaking of maps, I opened up the index while looking at mine to try and figure out what all the icons mean and now every time I open the map, the index window also opens. Not a big deal but did I miss a toggle button somewhere?

Same. Annoying as hell.

Anyone else come across a gang blocking a bridge? Somewhere along chapter 2, not sure if it was story related or a random event.

Anyway, Arthur did what he does best and as he was looting their remains, he made a wry comment like, “well guys, how did that work out for ya.”

You can set markers at least, via (on XBO) L3 (click LS).

I mean being able to write notes. A marker’s not much use unless you know why you put it there. Zelda BotW was a pretty good halfway house, especially for Nintendo, but there’s no excuse for PC games in particular not to have full note taking functionality. Even on a console it would be better than not having it.

Ah yeah, that’d be great. Heck, Ultima Underworld had that in the early 90s!

I found that death cult house too, but I got there at night and while i was looting, the house got bathed in a green glow coming from above. When I went outside to see what it was i heard the sound of something flying off, some sort of UFO?

Woah. OK, well I know what I’m doing tonight after the kids are in bed.

But this is Red Dead Redemption 2. You’d have to physically animate Arthur folding out a map, and scrawling the note, and the note would be an illegible scrawl. Otherwise it wouldn’t be authentic.

I was watching my son play when he ran into that one. I was talking at him as they were taunting him saying
“So maybe you can go around there to the righ… hey wait you are getting off your horse I dont think you can sneak… oh…”

as he just killed them all then calmly got back on his horse and trotted over the bridge to loot them :)

Arthur is my favourite Rockstar protagonist to date I think.

And in fact I am very pleased this game is successful commercially because it is better than anything Rockstar has done before.

It is just to amazingly immersive and natural and organic the way it is designed, these random encounters and stuff that happens…and well written, and acted, and glorious to look at…

Last night I had a gruesome discovery under a bridge near Valentine which has opened up a whole new quest.

Anyone else find this?

Could not agree more with this. Hopefully, the success leads to more games like this for Rockstar and other developers.

Yep! And since then I’ve played at least 5 more hours and come across no other clues for that murder scene.

Then there are the other collectible things like treasure maps, dino bones, cigarette cards, ect.

If anything kills Arthur in this game its gonna be the 10 packs a day he smokes, for the collectible cards.

No, this was before we discovered that cigarettes are bad for you, so he’ll be ok.

I only wish there was a way to see playtime. Bizzare omission. Steam version can’t come soon enough.
I am still in chapter 2, doing bounties and stuff, but think I already played some 20 hours.

After you guys complete a bounty, visit the jail , and harass the criminal. They have after being locked up dialogue. Also at sundown in Valentine there is sometimes a hanging outside of town by the sheriff and his deputy, with a crowd of townsfolk watching on.