Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Whispers…it’ll be the Xbox One X that provides the better experience

As well as premature. But to each his or her own, carry on.

Well, there’s much more headroom on that console, but you’re right, who knows if the developers will actually use that headroom. It could be a Return to Arkham type of situation, which is the only game out so far where the Xbox One X version is terrible (according to digital foundry, I have no personal experience).

But even though the Xbox One X will likely be better, that RDR2 PS4 Pro bundle also has to be taken into consideration. It certain provides a nice discount and gives a price incentive that’s pretty significant to someone who owns neither console.

If I was buying a console from scratch all over gain, I’d still go Xbox One, mainly for the fact that Xbox Live is a much better service. This is of course assuming that I am PC Gaming, which I am, and I am getting the console for things like RDR2 and Fallout and whatnot (which I did).

If I was 25 and living for every new “exclusive” I’d think differently, maybe. But I’m not. I want reliability.

https://rockstarintel.com/2018/09/26/ps4-users-to-get-exclusive-rdr2-online-content-30-days-before-xbox-users/

NEWS: revealed today by PlayStation was the Red Dead Redemption 2, PS4 Pro Bundle. On the Back of the Box posted by PlayStation, it says ‘PlayStation Exclusive’ which we knew anyway.

On the Bundle, it also says ‘Timed Exclusive for 30 days’ then goes on to say for ‘Online Content.’ We were aware PlayStation users were getting Exclusive content, this now confirms that PS4 Users will be getting content 30 days early. Red Dead Redemption 2 will also require a minimum storage space of 105GB.

The bundle also reveals that Red Dead Online will also support between 2-32 players. This is in the small white print on the box.

This has not been confirmed by Rockstar Games themselves but has been posted by Sony.

Yep, all the articles say its about RDR Online. Which I don’t care about.

105 GB, jeeesus. That’s my whole SSD.

Do they still bundle RDR and Online installation together again? Because that is dumb as fuck. I have no interest in GTA Online and yet I get updates for it and it takes more and more space.

That is apparently what they are doing for this PS4 “exclusive”. Which, if I didn’t own a console, and was buying one for RDR and AAA-ish content, would send me running for an Xbox One X.

I doubt they are separating the installation for XBox though - like GTA V, it’s likely all one SKU.

XBOX One Install size is listed at 100.84 MB. Has to be a typo. Must be 100.84 GB.

No mention of RDR Online install.

Trust me, it’s not going to be two separate games you “opt into” - it will be one giant SKU because Rockstar wants everyone to be able to pick the Online option from the main menu. It won’t be a separate application you launch. On either platform. I can’t even really think of a game that does something like this, though I’m sure someone will have an example, it’s SUPER not common.

Not so sure Scott. The are specifically offering

Pre-Order Red Dead Redemption 2 to get:
• The War Horse
• The Outlaw Survival Kit
• Cash Bonus for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode
• Bonus GTA$ to spend in Grand Theft Auto Online on Xbox One. Please see bundle pages for more details.

NOT RDR Online $$$.

EDIT More info on the Ultimate Pre Order for Xbox One:

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition delivers all of the Story Mode content from the Special Edition plus additional bonuses for online. Exclusive Story Mode content includes:
• Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout • Dappled Black Thoroughbred • Talisman & Medallion Gameplay Bonuses • Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts • The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit Online content includes: • Bonus Outfits • Rank Bonuses • Black Chestnut Thoroughbred • Free access to the Survivor Camp Theme

Basically they dance around Online, no mention of RDR Online.

That is correct. 100MB is the standard size for a pre-order game. It’s basically the cover art image and a bit of logic to tell you to check the install date in the store.

That’s just saying RDR money won’t be part of the pre-order, nothing to do with wether or not you can “opt out” of having to have the online installed. Since the online part isn’t coming until a little later, it makes sense they aren’t offering “RDR Online money” with the pre-orders.

All I am saying is that none of the Xbox features and offers mention RDR Online. And it specifically offers GTA cash. PS4 Does offer it. And specifically mentions it. So that is the PS4 “exclusive”. RDR Online. Whee!

Oh I see the confusion - the RDR Online is an exclusive to the PS4 for 30 days, after that it is indeed coming to XBOX as well.

Right. So the Sony “Exclusive” isn’t really.

Sad trombone sound.

Not really, no. Not for me or yourself, at least. But to my earlier point, I’m just saying going XBOX to avoid the RDR Online stuff… er, won’t work.

I suppose if one was really into the online stuff picking up a PS4 makes sense, I guess. I don’t really get it myself, early access to the online just seems to me like you’d be opting into the beta and testing for Rockstar and thanking them for the opportunity, but I’m not into the online stuff myself so I may be a little jaded. I imagine my son and his friends will be delighted to play this online, and they will be furious when they can’t get in early while the PS4 crowd can, which is the exact demographic Sony is aiming at.

Exactly. But for the 35+ gamer who is looking for a console specifically for RDR 2, Fallout 4, etc. say 6-10 titles. I am where I was when I made the Xbox decision the first time.

The Xbox is an excellent choice for gamers without access to a gaming PC.