Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Be on the lookout, there are unique guns in those quests.

Yep got 3 new guns. :D

Did a few more chapter 3 missions, I can already tell this feud is gonna be entertaining as hell.

On one of the gunslinger quests, I feel like the guy wasn’t so bad, so instead of killing him, i managed to shoot his gun or if his hand… He then pulled it another backup gun, and proceeded to shoot himself in the head, which was surprising.

That exact same thing happened to me, dude on the train. I was really taken aback by that.

Yeah, I was wondering if there was a non-fatal way of resolving that. Tried to shoot the second gun out of his hand but I was out of deadeye.

Yeah, i tried to do the same thing with the last guy, but he was way too fast. I had no time to do anything other than kill him.

I think I need a tutorial on how to use Deadeye, especially with multiple opponents, because I don’t think I’m doing it right.

I found a small gold nugget and a small bag of jewelry inside a chimney, in the middle of a field!

Lazy developers forgot to build the rest of the house.

Me too. After the advice here, I experimented a little yesterday during the Strawberry Slaughter.

I think here’s the procedure:

Click to enable deadeye
Move your cursor over targets
Press Right Trigger to shoot the targets your marked (without disabling deadeye)

If I mark targets and then disable deadeye, like I thought I was supposed to do according to the posters upthread (likely just a mis-reading by me), all it does is disable deadeye and you don’t actually shoot.

So it’s deadeye, move the cursor around, then Right trigger before Deadeye meter runs out to actually shoot.

This is correct.

But sometime in chapter… I want to say 2, you’ll do a story mission and upgrade it so you can manually R1 to ‘flag’ targets. So move around and flag heads and then R2 to fire at all of them. It’s a little harder than just panning/tagging but more accurate and satisfying when you get it done.

I have it upgraded to the point where I can actually just fire while in deadeye mode and I remain in deadeye, if that helps conceptualize where you’re heading with the system.

I found a tri-corn hat. Arthur looks like a pirate now. And I rode a zebra around under the light of a full moon. And I stumbled across a Klan meeting, complete with burning cross. Gave those bastards no quarter.

Well, I got a new horse. While Scout, my lovely white Arabian I tamed like everyone else, served me well, I found her to be too skittish around predators. Particularly cougars. Cougars are real motherfuckers, by the way.

I rode around a while examining every wild horse I came across but none of them were even remotely close in stats to the Arabian. Then a funny thing happened. I got jumped by some Lemoyne Raiders and after killing them all, I noticed that one of them had a lovely horse that turned out to be a Missouri Fox Trotter with an Amber Champagne coat and awesome stats. I promptly threw my saddle on him, rode to the nearest stable and renamed him Trigger. He’s larger in stature and hopefully not so quick to panic. I am pleased.

There is a black Arabian you can get at St Dennis which is better than the white Arabian, and then there is a grey one you can get in blackwater, which is better than both.

I found a semi-automatic shotgun. Or, rather, I appropriated one from an old lady who had me confused for someone else. Man, this thing holds five shots and it’s powerful. It’s the only weapon I’ve customized so far because I like it that much.

Jeez I guess I really like this game (and Mr. 47)

It is a beautiful, well done Collector’s edition, although I wish it had an artbook as well.

Ya, that’s pretty much the best shotgun in the game. You can get the repeating shotgun later, but it’s worse.

Is it? I’ve been using both and I can’t tell much difference - what makes it worse?

:|

When you go out on a mission with Sean and he tosses a fire bottle at the spot you are standing and chaos ensues.

OK I’m stumped. In camp I can change clothes, and it says I have certain outfits stored on my horse, but out in the field, so to speak, they don’t show up under “horse cargo,” so what gives?

Clothes are in your L1 menu, under horse items.