Red Notice (Netflix) - Johnson, Reynolds, Gadot

Yeah, the Pitch Meeting for this is gonna be good.

I can think of about 50 times where “Super easy! Barely an inconvenience!” would be appropriate. What not going to be super easy is figuring out how not to over use that phrase.

It was fun. Nothing more. A quick bit of movie fast food that made us laugh (“Lift with your neck.”) a couple of times. Johnson and Ryan had good chemistry, and the plot and pacing, like so many action movies these days, ran like a video game. Will watch the inevitable sequel.

I saw this clip Netflix posted

And the dialogue for that part just blew my mind. I know action films don’t really need the best dialogue but this is comically awful.

I know most movies are trash, but has there been an example of a good Netflix movie?

I thought Old Guard was good. Extraction also wasn’t terrible.

Roma, Marriage Story, Trial of the Chicago 7, I’m Thinking of Ending Things, Enola Holmes, Okja, Mudbound, Mitchells vs. the Machines, Old Guard, Bird Box, Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Always Be My Maybe, etc

I’d add Klaus, A Futule and Stupid Gesture. They have some quality movies, but weeker on the action blockbuster side. They just produce a lot, so quantity drowns out the quality

The Irishman?

Dolemite is my name is also excellent.

They’re up to a new movie every 2-3 days?

Likely that yeah, most of these are going to be duds - or at the very least not aimed towards this board’s demographic. As seen above there’ll be some good ones too!

I thought Kate was solid. Same level as Old Guard for me.

they also release a lot of international films and seasonal movies, especially kids ones

I had fun watching this. So there. (I also enjoyed Jungle Cruise and watched that twice. Fight me.)

Not enough info. I haven’t seen either of those. What about 6 Underground? Hobbs & Shaw? Aquaman?

I appreciate you including Bird Box! I thought I was the only one here who enjoyed that.

My wife and I started Jungle Cruise Saturday night, but the power went out halfway.

No, no, and no. As in, I haven’t seen any of them. Yet.

I love Bird Box

Hmm… haven’t seen any of those. Maybe they just don’t make movies that interest me? I heard of some of those, but nothing caught my interest.