Reframing Biden: Opposition Talking Points

The second one in the OP I’ve been expecting ever since Obergfell decision. When the global fash lost on gay marriage, their next target was always going to be transfolk.

Fascists always look for a group to divide the coalition against them over, and that’s the biggest one left that isn’t being used heavily already.

These actions have been taking place in the UK, and are now doing pretty massive damage. Things are getting pretty dire over there according to a couple of fighting game friends I have. (basically it’s almost impossible to get what they need right now since it’s been made illegal to provide it privately in the UK, so they’re all self-medicating, and the public waitlists there are around 10 years)

Expect a lot of trans panic stories the next couple of years.

Here’s a mega-yikes. Mainstream conservative publication is now trying to rehabilitate the image of a quasi-fascist dictator, and saying it’s a model for America.

Your occasional reminder that being non religious would be teh unth1nkablez in our politics. Yay

What kind of angles? Right angles (obviously)? Acute? non-Euclidean?

Speaking of which, I’ll lay money on there being a Black woman president before there is a Jewish one of any background.

There’s some old dude who has an email address that must be really similar to my gmail, and I keep getting his dating app messages and golf subscriptions… and right wing propaganda (MRC ACTION! WE HAVE PROOF!) It’s an interesting pinhole into the wacky world they roll around in.

I’ve tried telling his contacts who email him that it’s coming to me instead, but I keep getting his stuff. My consolation in this is if I’m getting his wackjob conspiracy emails, then he isn’t.

It’s possible to say good things about Salazar when one compares him to other dictators of the time. Or the absolute mess the country was in when he gained power.

Much harder to say the same good things when comparing how the country was when he had been in power for too long, when you had Portuguese immigrants marvelling at electricity in France and the like.

It’s much easier to whip a country into financial shape when you don’t have to worry about all the people you’re hurting in the process.

Yes, but is The American Conservative really conservative? That’s the question.

I know I’m on some high bullshit regarding religion myself, but ugh it was so unpleasant and frankly a little creepy to see the amount of religious nonsense that was a part of the inauguration ceremony. So depressing :(

Get your regular dose of Biden Disaster Bad News here:

no problem, it’s on the way back from the taco truck

Apparently all those dead people and being unemployed are “feelings”.

That’s all they’ve got? Man, they need to step up their game. That’s pretty weak.

Let me try out my OAN headline translator/generator plug-in:

“Trans-gendered pedophile satanist creates show to mind control children via voodoo dolls and chemicals.”

They so want to be left alone that they (checks notes) insist that cops can do what they want and that you had better obey their orders or they have every right to kill you.

Insert .gif of Officer Chauvin with his knee on George Floyd’s neck with the caption “Why can’t you all just leave me alone?!”

Also they so want to be left alone that they insist that women cannot be trusted with their own choices about their own bodies.

That premise is gaslighting bullshit.

They have a point. They could have kept their slaves if the Left just left them alone. Then they just wanted to have a white utopia via Jim Crow and other shenanigans and the Left once again just had to stick their nose in. And honestly they just wanted women to know their place, but now they have to work with them and treat them as equals? And boys can’t be boys and grab their asses and sexually harass them? Why are they even in the office then? Why won’t the Left just leave them alone??? At least they had a refuge in beating and torturing gays like Matthew Shepard but now they can’t even do that. The Left are the real fascists here, these Trumpers just want their freedom back.

Moral outrage aside for the moment, it is useful to know that’s the framing the Right is attempting.

“Leave me alone, but what you’re doing in your home is reason for me to kill you,” doesn’t flow off the tongue as well.